The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 12, 2009, 11:01 PM   #1
Grey

Mossberg 930 Tatical

I bought a 930 tactical today at a gun show brand new in the box. It is the one with the door breacher and from what I am hearing a 4 round tube capacity. My question is I went to load it tonight and I can only get 2 rounds of 2 3/4 shells in it. I think there is a plug in the tube. I saw you can buy the 6+1 tube extension from Choate. How would I install it or how do I get the plug out of the tube? I stripped the gun down and it does not look like the tube can be just taken out. Is there a safe way of doing this without ruining the gun?
Old December 12, 2009, 11:19 PM   #2
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Unscrew mag cap, point gun at floor and jiggle. Plug should fall out. If not a little wire may be needed. It is the "duck plug" limiter for federal migratory bird regulations...
Brent
Old December 12, 2009, 11:55 PM   #3
ishida336

There are a couple methods to get rid of the plug.
Such as the above.
First, ALWAYS start with taking the mag cap off, turning it upside down, and trying to jiggle it out. As he said. It's the simplest method and usually works.

And if it doesn't work, the wire method is viable.
But, this method might be a bit better.
Since the mag cap is off, the barrel should be off. Since the barrel is off, go ahead and load three rounds, or however you need to load to make the dowel stick out. Then you grab ahold of the dowel and pull it all the way out. Take out the rounds, reassemble, you're done!
Old December 13, 2009, 01:51 AM   #4
Grey

Wow, that was almost too easy! Thanks guys!