The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old November 29, 2006, 07:24 PM   #26
Homerboy

If you believe that three predicate felons were really fearing for their lives and could not identify cops in plainclothes, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you. You kight as well spraypaint POLICE on your unmarked vehicles in NYC. I guess they thought the white guy in jeans and a baseball jersey in an all black neighborhood was really a criminal trying to attack them. These cars were anything but victims. I have no doubt that they knew they were ramming cops.
Old November 30, 2006, 02:56 AM   #27
gvf

Plaincothes

Cops in plainclothes are supposed to indentify themselves. Because they're disguised as non-cops, that's the point.

And no, it is not easy to tell they have a disguise on in NYC, and it is not easy in the middle of the night to determine a van screeching up in front of you is a police van or any normal van.

Maybe they did indentify themselves, but if not, they should have. And that is what is correctly being investigated. I hope it turns out well for them, I like cops, especially NYC cops.