The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 16, 2008, 08:11 PM   #1
ECHOONE

Best Carry/Night Sights

Trying to decide on what sites would be the best for concealed carry and also good for night, Does anyone have any feed back on the XS Express System with large tritium fronts? From what I hear the large tritium fronts coupled with a white line V notch is the best night sight for fastest acquistion.Plus they seem to have a low profile and well rounded corners.Any fee back good or bad welcome....If you want to recommend something is just explain why it's better!Trying to get as much info and feed back to make the best decision for my new sights.Have read a lot of therioes, why I picked theses so far
thanks!
Old March 17, 2008, 08:19 PM   #2
DPGDirk

I've seen and shot a bunch of different sights.

The XS big dots are quick to pick up, but that big dot up front hurts accuracy at longer distances. Maybe not such a big concern on a carry gun...?

I really love the Tru-Glo TFO sights. Tritium night sights AND fiber-optics too.
Very bright in the widest variety of light conditions I've seen.
Problem is, I went through 3 sets in 18 months.
If you carry daily, shoot and clean your gun a lot, they don't seem to hold up well. The tritium would leak out prematurely.

Trijicons and meprolights are good night sights, but I can't see them very well in daylight with my aging eyes. The meprolights are a bit easier to see in daylight than the trijicons.
Either of these sights are very reliable though.

My next set will be Dawson Fiber-Optic sights, with no night sight option.
I've decided that fiber-optics are the brightest sight most of the time for me, and for real darkness, I'll use a flashlight...