The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 22, 2013, 09:16 AM   #1
Greguw

More Firearms and Ammo Laws for NJ

I can see New Jersey from my business on the Delaware river ... I'm 1000 ft from the state and considered a criminal on there side but 100% legal on the Pennsylvania side .
Its a real shame on how much of there tax payers money is wasted on passing more gun laws to limit gun and ammo owner ship ... Thats coming from the most political corrupt state in the united states . All that state wants to do is pass laws and thinks the criminals are going to listen .
Having friends in law enforcement that come across the bridge to buy ammo and firearms because the can't get what they need in there state .
Now the manufactures do not want to have dealers sell any of there products in the states that limit the sales of there firearms .
Its a shame .
Old February 22, 2013, 09:20 AM   #2
JWT

Sadly it's a sign of the times in many of the states with large urban populations that tend to be anti gun. Colorado has seen the same thing with the influence of the urban population in Denver and Boulder.
Old February 22, 2013, 10:20 AM   #3
Greguw

My girl friend lives in the same county of NY that the news paper was posting the gun permit holders . I was at a wedding that was being held at a beach club on Long Island sound .
Girl friends family is in law enforcement so we were seated at a table that the district attorney of Brooklyn NY and other NYC and NJ officials were sitting at my table ... I was thinking to my self how well this was going to go ...LOL
Conversations were all over the board , then it went Oh your from Pennsylvania , you guys have a lot of guns down there . I responded , yes we do ...LOL
Its was a friendly conversation , I said you guys have lots of laws and criminals with guns could care less about your laws , when your dealing with a person who has nothing to loose by killing you and themselves no law passed can change this outcome but a good person with a firearm ... Hate to keep repeating " Good Guy Good Gun "
Its the legal citizen that wants to have a gun to protected there family thats made a criminal by more of there laws being passed if he has a gun .
I said I am a criminal in both NY and NJ ... I have all the bad black firearms , magazines and ammo that your states consider illegal , in my state I'm the good guy with the gun .
These people seem to live in a bubble , they see the end result of badness that happens to good people , but still continue to pass laws to restrict and remove our gun rights .
Old February 22, 2013, 10:46 AM   #4
kraigwy

Quote:
Now the manufactures do not want to have dealers sell any of there products in the states that limit the sales of there firearms .
Its a shame
How is that a shame? Think about it a bit.

The constitution is full of checks and balances. That's a good thing.

If you read the thoughts of the founding fathers during the period the Constitution was written, they were big on checks and balances.

Read what they say about the 2nd amendment. Not much was said about self defense, not much was said about hunting. The concern was a check and balance against the government. Or they wanted the people to be armed as a check against the government.

Look at the weapons of the period. The rifles the citizens had were the same weapons the government had (some better, rifles instead of muskets, but that's another subject).

Why is the 2nd amendment the only one that has the term "shell not be infringed"?

Now I'm not a lawyer, but I did get an "A" in school for reading comprehension. So my humble, peon, comprehension leads me to believe that the founders wanted the people to have the same rights to the same weapons as the government as a form of Checks and Balances.

So in my opinion, the manufactures and dealers are following the wishes of our founding fathers and authors of the Constitution.

I'm not writing this as a cop hater, or military basher, I'm a retired LEO and I'm retired military. In both I swore an oath to the Constitution. I take any oath I take seriously, My Word (oath) is really one thing I truly value.

Based on my uneducated opinions, I have to agree with the manufactures and dealers on this.

Law Enforcement nor the military has nothing to fear from an honest citizen, there is no legit reason for them to have the upper hand, voiding the idea of Checks and Balances.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071
Old February 22, 2013, 11:00 AM   #5
Greguw

Its a shame to restrict any persons right as long as a person is not infringing and or causing harm to another .
I'm sure the manufactures are still going to sell to law enforcement . If its a state law should it apply to all including law enforcement .
Old February 22, 2013, 12:08 PM   #6
Armorer-at-Law

Quote:
I'm sure the manufactures are still going to sell to law enforcement . If its a state law should it apply to all including law enforcement.
It should -- and that's the point. Some manufacturers have stood up and said thay they won't sell products to .gov agencies in jurisdictions that prohibit private citizens from buying/owning the same product. Barrett was one of the first several years ago and several others followed. Many others have joined in recently.
Old February 22, 2013, 12:12 PM   #7
zxcvbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greguw
Its a real shame on how much of there taxpayers money is wasted on passing more gun laws to limit gun and ammo owner ship ... That's coming from the most political corrupt state in the united states . All that state wants to do is pass laws and thinks the criminals are going to listen .
You think that's a coincidence?