The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 21, 2013, 12:05 PM   #26
Auto426

A Magpul rep recently commented on M4Carbine forums that they might have a few runs of mags without date codes before the gan goes in place. I'm guessing they are trying to cut costs or something .

Anyway, with such a run produced and sold in Colorado before the ban, if they were to produce another run or two of dateless mags after the date the law goes into effect someone in Colorado could acquire some of them and it would be extremely hard to prove they are not pre-ban magazines.
Old February 21, 2013, 08:25 PM   #27
HKGuns

I would rent a moving truck.
Old February 21, 2013, 08:32 PM   #28
4V50 Gary
Staff

I'd buy more AR magazines. Try to keep things simple and interchangeable. That makes upkeep easier.
Old February 21, 2013, 09:05 PM   #29
Geoff7

Quote:
I'd buy more AR magazines. Try to keep things simple and interchangeable. That makes upkeep easier.
I'm coming to that conclusion. I stopped by an LGS today and they had a full wall of available ARs by different mfgs, which was nice to see. No 30rd 5.56 mags, however :-(

Assuming using an AR for practice and maybe some 3 gun competitions, etc down the road, I'm curious how many of each type of mag one would need: aluminum USGI, 30rd Pmag & 20rd Pmag?
Old February 21, 2013, 11:50 PM   #30
seeker_4

This is the same state making marijuana legal... it was also on the news today. I would think a stoner in a car going down the freeway could be deadlier than the nut with an assault weapon.
I ride Harley and love going through Colorado, but I think I'd just save my purchases to do business in my new hometown in another state.
Old February 22, 2013, 02:54 AM   #31
Rangefinder

While I share your current predicament, I'm going to challenge you to think in a little broader terms. Stop thinking like a minority and start acting like We the People. We are gathering steam. Archuleta County is well under way and should soon be making resolution against such unconstitutional tyranny. Step up your action. Out of curiosity, where are you?

http://libertyzone.org/

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Politicians.

Last edited by Rangefinder; February 22, 2013 at 03:07 AM.
Old February 22, 2013, 12:05 PM   #32
seeker_4

NV... not Colorado.. but your link really interest me. We have now 5 county Sheriffs that submitted letters advising they will side by county residences and act accordingly. You have no idea how much I hope they do. I too am an oath taker, just not by enrollement with a group.... which as I learn more may change. Thanks for the info and the link.....
Old February 22, 2013, 02:56 PM   #33
seeker_4

Thanks for info...now bonified OK.
Old February 23, 2013, 05:23 PM   #34
DaleA

Goodness...Is it already a law or requirement that mag manufactures put a date on the mags???

On a separate note: If a state is silly enought to ban high capacity magazines I think it would be entirely possible that they might ban all undated magazines. 'Cause you just couldn't tell don't ya know.
Old February 23, 2013, 06:04 PM   #35
KO3422

Grab a boatload of AR & AK mags. Handgun mags of your choice as well.
Old February 24, 2013, 02:50 PM   #36
SVO

Too late to be buying. Use the money to fund your favorite gun lobby to fight and oppose anti-2A laws.
Old February 25, 2013, 02:54 AM   #37
freedash22

Magazine Ban Concerns

I really hope this magazine ban doesn't pass. If Magpul mags and others are lost, semi-auto rifles will never be the same again. Also, it's very easy for them to add a law that will make magazine wells proprietary and specifically not accept the traditional standard capacity STANAG 5.56 magazines. Then new rifles will not be able to accept them anymore should the AWB fail but the magazine ban passes.
Old February 25, 2013, 03:18 AM   #38
SuperIronOut

Ruger 10/22

Get a Ruger 10/22 .22lr, fully customizable to look just like an AR, the AR stocks for it are on MidwayUsa.com or Brownells.com, any of these are awesome (Archangel 556, Troy T22, G36 Nomad, and the best one is a Nordic AR22 kit, you buy an Ar15 free float handguard, and an AR pistol grip and collapsible buttstock, while only needing a buffer tube, no buffer, no spring. Anything that fits on an Ar15 will fit on this kit. Easy to install. The HC3R is a 30 round rapid rifle reload magazine, it has a secondary ammo pocket that holds twenty more rounds with stripper clips for $40 dollars on Rimfiresports.com. Impact resistant resin molded, extremely reliable I have a few, steel feeding lips and breakdown and easy to use. The second mag that is available is the T125, by Tactical Innovations, for about 70$ on RimfireSports.com as well. Both magazines I mentioned are great, feed reliably with zero wiggle.
Old February 26, 2013, 01:29 PM   #39
NWPilgrim

Just got in some D&H 30-rd mags and they also have a date stamp. Very nicely finished y the way. Widener's still has some mags in stock from $22-$30. So I know first hand that NHMTG, D&H, and since being pointed out to me, PMags as well all have date stamps.

My older (pre-2008) C-Products mags do not have a date stamp but I don't know about more recent production.
"The ultimate authority ... resides in the people alone. ... The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition."
- James Madison
Old February 26, 2013, 06:42 PM   #40
Geoff7

Well, doesn't that just figure? I've been watching Pmag prices on gunbroker for over a month and finally, after seeing some downward movement towards "normal" I bought 10 Pmag M3s for $30 each. Not two hours later, Magpul announces a new program to sell 10 Pmags to every Colorado resident who wants them (hopefully at MSRP). Oh well, if I'm lucky enough to get a 10 pack (or more, depending on other family members) at MSRP. That news makes me so happy, yet I'm kicking myself for having been patient for a month but too impatient by just a couple of hours

@SuperIronOut, thanks for pointing me in the direction of the 10/22. Looks like a great platform that could be a lot of fun to customize and shoot, as well as allowing me to get some time in with rifles without spending a fortune on ammo. I appreciate the advice!

Last edited by Geoff7; February 27, 2013 at 12:37 AM.