The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 1, 2013, 09:13 PM   #26
dakiwi13

Versacarry holster
Old December 1, 2013, 09:30 PM   #27
Bushwhacker

Try this place, have been carry a Glock 19 or 23 for almost 10 years and never a regret

http://www.rmholsters.com/

No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson: Draft Virginia Constitution, 1776
Old December 2, 2013, 05:34 AM   #28
dayman

If you like hybrids (and who doesn't?) I buy mine from Ridged Holsters. They're bolted together instead of riveted, so you can adjust the retention, and he even sells replacement backs. Awesome customer service, good prices, and he keeps his turn around pretty tight on the holsters - 3-5 days on the $49 premo one, a few weeks on the $34 budget one.
He even has a bunch of color options for the kydex/leather on the more expensive models, which, aside from style, makes it easier to identify which holster goes to which gun if you keep them all in a box.

Anyway, he's a great guy to deal with, and his holsters are IMHO better than the big brand hybrids I've tried.

If you like all kydex, I really like Raven Concealment, but there's a long wait - something like 6 months when I got mine - unless you have a pretty common gun and want the standard configuration.
Old December 2, 2013, 07:28 PM   #29
keithdog

If you like hybrids (and who doesn't?) I buy mine from Ridged Holsters. They're bolted together instead of riveted, so you can adjust the retention, and he even sells replacement backs. Awesome customer service, good prices, and he keeps his turn around pretty tight on the holsters - 3-5 days on the $49 premo one, a few weeks on the $34 budget one.
He even has a bunch of color options for the kydex/leather on the more expensive models, which, aside from style, makes it easier to identify which holster goes to which gun if you keep them all in a box.

Dayman, those are SWEET for the price!!! Regardless of the price, they look very nice!
Old December 2, 2013, 07:59 PM   #30
gotthegoods

KeithDog,

No noticeable aroma, but I always wear a t-shirt so it is never against my bare skin.

In response to the spandex retention band, I carry AIWB and it works perfectly for me. I have been working on hands and knees and never had the pistol slip free.
Old December 2, 2013, 09:29 PM   #31
keithdog

Thanks gotthegoods for the update.
Old December 3, 2013, 03:00 AM   #32
RBid

IWB holster choice, opinions welcomed.

I've been carrying a Glock 19 Gen 4 in a Galco King Tuk, every day, all day, for nearly a year. Comfort is top notch. Concealment is outstanding. I suspect that CompTac, Crossbreed, and DeSantis Intruders, and other hybrids are pretty much the same.
Old December 5, 2013, 05:39 PM   #33
1hogfan83

Go with old faithful holsters. Pretty much a copy of cross breed but with some huge improvements. You can increase ride cant and height and some warranty stuff. You can also change the kydex to a different gun because they use Allen screws instead of rivets. With crossbreed your stuck with what you got. The best part, the money savings! You can save a lot of money if you put the holster together yourself. Its not rocket science and cuts the cost big time. I went with them because their made in my home state, luckily I found out that their worth twice the full price. Just look at the site. You'll be impressed with what you get for the money.
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe—and shudder. James 2:19
"I do not fear the man that practices ten thousand kicks one time, I fear the man that practices one kick ten thousand times." Bruce Lee
Old December 11, 2013, 12:14 PM   #34
rjksx1

How about Fist?
Old December 12, 2013, 12:01 AM   #35
Josh_Putman

I've been looking at reviews and Youtube videos of Alien Gear holsters. For $30 shipped they seem like a pretty decent deal.

I haven't seen them mentioned yet in this thread, so I thought I would bring it up.
Old December 12, 2013, 05:45 AM   #36
dayman

Quote:
Writing that sold me on the idea of getting another one. I needed something more comfortable for my G19, and since I'd had good luck last time.....
Anyway, I ordered the premo one (OD green kydex and Horsehide back) and it arrived in the mail a couple days ago. So, right around a week from the time I ordered it from him in FL to the time it arrived on my doorstep in ME.
What with Christmas coming up I was impressed.

And, he's somehow even managed to improve the quality since last time I ordered. The clips are now coated with something (plasticy, maybe duracoat?) that completely eliminates sharp edges and should also prevent any of that annoying surface rust we all know and love.
Or, if you're really worried about scratching stuff up (we have leather furniture) he sells kydex clips now too.

Anyway, that's it for my sales pitch, but since we were talking about IWB holsters and I did just get one, I thought it could add to the discussion.

I'm not shy about complaining about bad service/products, so I figure I should make more of an effort to compliment good service just as ferociously.

EDIT: I just looked at my receipt, and apparently my order went in 11/28, not on 12/2... which is strange. I must have been reading some other thread on holsters when I ordered it, and I'm not sure why I didn't mention that on the 2nd when I posted here.
So, anyway, it took more like 11-12 days to get to me than a week.
Still impressive, and there's still theoretically time to get one before Christmas, but it wasn't quite as fast as I'd thought.

Last edited by dayman; December 12, 2013 at 05:56 AM.
Old December 12, 2013, 10:00 AM   #37
Sulaco

My cousin carries his XD in a King Tuk and loves it. He can easily conceal it under a t-shirt and it disappears.

I have no personal experience other than I've always been pleased with Galco products except for how thin the leather seems on some of their stuff. I don't guess it's much of an issue with this type of holster though.

Personally I only use Remora holsters for everything now, except for a Galco ankle rig I have for a sub-compact Glock. My Remora holsters have replaced all other holster I own or use/used.
Old December 12, 2013, 10:30 AM   #38
Jay24bal

Another vote for Crossbreed here.

I have been using it pretty much every day for about 3-ish years now, and have not had a single problem.

Once Fired Brass, Top quality, Fast shipping, Best prices.
http://300AacBrass.com/ -10% Coupon use code " Jay24bal "
Old December 12, 2013, 10:51 AM   #39
ntg

I had a crossbred and sold it with the gun. I now have a kholster and I like it a lot. They both ride very well, and there's a few things I like about kholster. At almost half the cost the kholster is a no-brainer. He's got great CS, and I think they're still running a 15% off sale.

Last edited by ntg; December 13, 2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old December 12, 2013, 11:30 PM   #40
tgreening

My daily is a Springfield 3.8 compact in a Galco King-Tuk. I had considered the Crossbreed but I didn't like that I was stuck with the religious icons they insist on including (no offense to those so inclined) plus the wait time. I'm less than patient.

I bought the Galco because it was on the shelf and I could put my fingers on it, which beats looking at a picture any day of the week.

Two days ago I was headed out and about and hopped in my truck to take care of biz. Crap, forgot my firearm! Out of truck, back in the house, and then pop a gasket when my 3.8 is NOT in my safe. Proceed through the mental rundown of where I've been and where I could have possibly mislaid it, before realizing the dang thing is in its normal 4:00 spot on my hip in the Galco.

Yep, it's pretty comfortable.
Old December 13, 2013, 12:22 AM   #41
JimDandy

There's a place in Tacoma Washington, and another one in Florida, they more or less make the same stuff with a few minor differences. I went with Kramer Gun Leather out of Tacoma for their Chicago screws over snaps that could come undone.

As for the back of the holster, wear an undershirt. In warm weather I wear an undershirt and a T shirt. Dyed leather will bleed dye. Better on that cheap undershirt you can bleach.
Old December 13, 2013, 12:42 AM   #42
Cosmodragoon

Quote:
As for the back of the holster, wear an undershirt. In warm weather I wear an undershirt and a T shirt. Dyed leather will bleed dye. Better on that cheap undershirt you can bleach.
This, plus you've got a vested interest in protecting your firearm from sweat. That is why I chose horsehide this time around, with a large pad behind the handle. I won't get a real indication until next summer, when I go back to IWB and the heat turns on the sweat.
Old December 14, 2013, 07:25 PM   #43
dayman

Both of mine are horse, and it works pretty well. I couldn't deal with wearing 2 shirts in the heat.
Old December 17, 2013, 04:07 PM   #44
bracken8901

Try a Kround's holster. I pretty much use them for everything now. They also ship quickly and are not to expensive which is nice. The guys are pretty cool there too.

http://www.krounds.com/index.php