The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old March 29, 2014, 10:29 AM   #1
Deja vu

Efile for a form 1 with out a trust?

Can you do an efile if you do not have a trust and/or are doing a form 1?

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...
Old March 29, 2014, 11:03 AM   #2
Willie Lowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF
If the submission of the form requires fingerprints, photographs, and the Law Enforcement Certification, the submission cannot be done using eForms – the application must be submitted on paper to the NFA Branch. Accordingly, Forms 1, 4 and 5 may be submitted using eForms if the applicant maker or transferee is a legal entity, such as a corporation, trust, or LLC. The submission of the application will require that the documents establishing the legal entity be attached electronically to the application.
HTH
Old April 7, 2014, 02:39 PM   #3
Jack_Bauer24

Now, no one can efile.
Old April 7, 2014, 02:59 PM   #4
Sharkbite

There is no provision to upload print cards on an Efile application. Hence it only works for Trusts and Corps/LLC's

Right now the entire Efile system is down anyway so it dosent matter. The "best guess" is the system is being redone to fix all the issues it was having. Could be months before its up and running again. Or it could be tomorrow....
Old April 7, 2014, 03:23 PM   #5
Willie Lowman

Keep checking back every hour so when the new system launches, we can overload and crash it just like the old one!
Old April 7, 2014, 04:01 PM   #6
Sharkbite

Hahahahaha

Man, im really hoping whatever they do fixes it. The way it was working was simply un-sat

A for profit company would be lut of business with a website that bad. AND thats our Federal Govt??? Very embarrassing from a technology standpoint. A kid in Pakistan could have written a better program
Old April 7, 2014, 06:57 PM   #7
Willie Lowman

That's pretty close to how I would have put it, Sharkbite. I couldn't post what I really thought about that system because of TFL's profanity policy but you summed it up pretty well.