The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old January 19, 2009, 06:41 PM   #1
longcall911

LRT-SASS a decent rifle?

I'm about to place an order for a DPMS LRT-SASS. I'm just wondering if there are any major issues with the weapon that should prevent me from buying it, and would appreciate any stong opinions for or against the rifle.

For the most part, I'll use it at the range only, 300 yds or so. But, I want to get good with it. So, accuracy is an important factor.

$1800 is a fair amount of money to plunk down, and I'd like to know if I'm about to buy a dog of gun.

Thanks,

/*tom*/
Old January 19, 2009, 06:44 PM   #2
Beretta16

$1,800 is a pretty damn good price on a SASS I believe. They are extremely accurate. I'm sure you'll be pleased.
Old January 20, 2009, 08:05 AM   #3
Paochow

I have been very happy with my SASS. Mine has proven very accurate and reliable.

Did you find a place with one in stock? When I bought mine six months ago, the wait was 8 months to 1 year through DPMS. I ended up buying one of gunbroker for $1800, glad I did as they seem to be going for more $$$ now.

Tags
dpms , sass