The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old January 17, 2013, 11:37 AM   #1
LockedBreech

Shout out to Brownells

Pretty simple, really. I had placed two back orders two days apart, then I realized I'd have to pay shipping twice. I asked if the orders could be consolidated. Customer service rep Ryan Dickenson said they couldn't do that with the volume of orders...so he just covered the shipping on one of the orders!

Those guys are aces. I'm giving them a little publicity here in return.
Old January 17, 2013, 12:16 PM   #2
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Wow. Things must be busy.

Two or three years ago I put up an order on-line before going to bed. When I woke up and reviewed it, I realized I had forgotten something so I called as soon as they were open to see if I could amend the order.

Nope. The rep was very apologetic when she explained that my order could not be changed because it had already shipped. IIRC, they sent the additional item on their dime -- which they did NOT have to do. First (and last) time I ever heard a company apologize for prompt shipping.
Old January 17, 2013, 12:24 PM   #3
Chaz88

I am a big fan of them also. They do a lot to support the shooting sports in Iowa. If you ever have a chance to use their ranges or bird hunting facilities I do not think you will be disappointed.

No spelun and grammar is not my specialty. So please don't hurt my sensitive little feelings by teasing me about it.
Old January 17, 2013, 03:41 PM   #4
Ben Towe

I back ordered some magazines from them about two weeks ago for pre-insanity prices. I thought it was nice that they weren't gouging. Free shipping too.
Old January 17, 2013, 04:51 PM   #5
BarryLee

Yes, overall I like their service pretty well.

I ordered an optic from them a few months ago and several days later I checked the status on their WEB site and saw it was on “fraud hold”. So, of course I freak out thinking someone has stolen my ID or something. I call Customer Service who transferred me to Accounting immediately the lady was extremely apologetic explaining to me that random orders are selected for review and that it had nothing to do with me personally. She then told me she would ship my optic overnight and waved all shipping charges.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old January 17, 2013, 06:43 PM   #6
LockedBreech

@ moderator that moved this,

I'm embarrassed! I've been around for years and had no idea this forum existed. Sorry!