The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 18, 2013, 05:04 PM   #1
GunXpatriot

Hilco Lube: Any good?

So I just got a can of Hilco Lube. It was recommended by a local shop owner. He sold about 5 different cleaning products, all similar in price. He told me his personal recommendation was this Hilco Lube.

He said he had quite a few allergies, and other cleaning products upset them, but hilco lube doesnt seem to. He also told me it smelled good, and sprayed it on a paper towel. It probably had a smell that was about as pleasant as Hoppes #9, which I think smells great.

He showed me the wipes that the military (not sure if they all carry it or certain services) carries around to clean their gun when they need to in the field, obviously it's a CLP.

I've only used Hoppes #9 and Hoppes oil, Break Free CLP and Rem Oil. I don't know if I could ever really tell the difference between them, although I never really tried to...

Has anyone used this Hilco Lube? I had never heard of it before, but it seemed to be pretty good stuff. Have you guys had any luck with the stuff? I'm wondering how it compares to Break Free specifically. Thanks!

Tags
clean , clp , hilco , lube , protect