The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old April 12, 2007, 11:10 AM   #1
Smoke Screen

WHERE can I find a good .410/45LC Double Barreled Pistol??? Old TIMERS!!

Ok gents, I'm looking for a Double Barreled (side by side) .410/45LC. I know that Leinad Inc. out of Ducktown, TN. Used to make one with rifiling. (allowing it to be concealed with a CCW). I recently passed a CCW course for Utah and the instructor had one with about a 5" barrel. I've been looking and looking for one. Gunbroker has this one up, but I know they made it in a longer barrel so I want the longer barrel.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=69586688

I think it would be a great backpacking/trail gun for snakes etc... as I would be camping in heavily "snakey" areas. Cobray made the grips for them but I've looked and looked and can't find any info on the company. Rumor has is they've switched names a couple of times. Anyhow, anyone interested in selling one or who knows someone, or has any info on where I can get one, I would be very grateful!! Does anyone else make a similar gun? I need the rifling so I can conceal it too.
Old April 12, 2007, 12:27 PM   #2
Bill DeShivs

Rifling has nothing to do with being able to conceal the gun. They are rifled because federal law requires handguns to be rifled. If they are not rifled, they are heavily regulated as NFA weapons.
Bill
Old April 13, 2007, 12:04 PM   #3
surveyor

while not a side by side, it is a over and under 2 barreled derringer.
good for snakes & easily concealable, (main reasons I got it, as I'm in the woods for work) I'd rather have something else for CCW personally, (45 acp)

they will shoot 45LC/410 either 2 1/2 or 3", and have the option or other calibers. I use #9 shot in mine for snakes, and it works well.

I have the century 2000, very well made, with an additional barrel,and pocket holsters are nice. good folks to deal with.

http://bondarms.com

the lenidad, as well as the taurus 45-10 thunder are other options as far as I know, or maybe thompson contender.

not as easily concealable though.
your milage may vary.
Old April 13, 2007, 05:57 PM   #4
jhgreasemonkey

You might want to consider the taurus 4410 thats a revolver though.
Old April 14, 2007, 08:29 AM   #5
BoneCrusher

Whats the recoil like shooting a 410 shell out of something that size?
Old April 14, 2007, 09:33 AM   #6
Hkmp5sd

Look in Shotgun News....they sell them by the truck load.

Here's mine.

NRA Life Member
Old April 16, 2007, 05:39 PM   #7
bennnn

No need for me to post another pic of the same exact handgun,,,,
but mine looks exactly like those others. The one I have was made by FMJ in Ducktown... With the Cobray logo on the grips...

I got it about 9 years ago to use as my frog gigging, fishing boat,, snake in the pasture gun...
It's not something I would carry for defense though. The saftey is rediculous to operate, and that alone rules it out for concealed defensive carry, not to mention that unless I want to lose a little skin or shift the bones in my hand around a little,, I have to hold it JUST RIGHT when I squeeze the spur,,( can't bring myself to call that stamped sheetmetal a trigger).... And in a defensive situation,, who's going to have time to move the selector on the hammer?? You might as well carry a single shot.

As a backpackers gun,, maybe,,, But who makes a holster for it?

It's a great conversation peice, and it has it's place in the world,,,,

but it's place is a small one.. (( I do still like it though...)) It's one freaky little HG..

Quote:
Whats the recoil like shooting a 410 shell out of something that size?
It's almost like your handle BC....

There was a longer model with an add on stock and a longer barrel (anyone remember those??) Post a pic of that if you have it,, those things were even harder to shoot than the ""little"" ones... And they have an even smaller place in the world IMHO...
Old April 17, 2007, 03:32 PM   #8
GLM

Holsters for .45/.410

I have one and like it well enough. I carry it in my tackle box when fishing and have used it to dispatch three snakes so far. As for hoslters:
http://www.4premier.com/beltholsters.html
Old April 17, 2007, 07:09 PM   #9
FirstFreedom

Surveyor beat me to it - the Bonds arms line of derringers, though O/U instead of SxS, are billed/marketed as "the snake slayers":

http://www.bondarms.com/ifirearms.htm

And the Bond Arms guns, unlike the Taurus 4410, will handle 3" shells, if'n you're up for that sort of punishment.
Closed Thread