The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old November 14, 2009, 12:58 AM   #1
Howdy Dad

Taurus PT140Pro Disassembly Issues

I just purchased a Taurus PT140Pro yesterday. I was taking it down to clean it before taking it to the range. Was able to get the Slide Disassembly Latch out and carefully released the slide catch while pulling the slide forward. I pulled the trigger back per the instructions. The slide would only go about 1/4" before jamming. I have tried everything I could to get the slide to either rack back or continue forward and off the frame. Have read several strings regarding this same issue that dates back over a year. Any ideas on how to remove the slide? Alternative is to take it to Gunsmith tomorrow to see what they can do...hate to have to do that with a firearm less than 12 hours old though....
Old November 14, 2009, 11:28 AM   #2
JimL

Quote:
Any ideas on how to remove the slide?
I don't have your model, but I found a similar thing on my 24/7 Pro. If you already tried pulling the trigger back a tad to clear it you've already done what I had to do.

JimL
Old November 17, 2009, 05:26 PM   #3
Howdy Dad

Taurus Slide

Thanks. Luckily the Taurus comes with a Lifetime warranty and I took it back to the store where I bought it and they immediately packaged it up and prepared it for shipment back to Taurus for repair/return/replace.
Old November 18, 2009, 10:24 AM   #4
scottycoyote

i ran into the same issue, i cant remember for sure but it seems like i had to fiddle with the trigger position or the amount of pressure i had on it with my pro45, but once it hit the right spot it slid right off

Tags
pt140pro issue , taurus disassembly issues