The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 1, 2013, 11:28 AM   #26
ZR1Brian

I use a Midway media separator and it woks great!
Old April 1, 2013, 12:43 PM   #27
trixter

I have a really really big ole Tupperware bowl that I take the tumbler over to while it is still running and tip it over into the bowl, and then shake it up and down a little, and all the media falls out, then there isn't any media left in the empties. (45's) For the 223's I still have to check for media but that is ok, because I am checking them for cracks and dents at the same time and checking the length too, some are ready to reload and some need to be trimmed. This stuff is so much fun.
Old April 1, 2013, 03:21 PM   #28
LE-28

I use two plastic colanders from Target that cost me a whopping .87 a piece. I bolted them together on one end and throw my shells in there and flip them for about 30 seconds. I don't have any media in my cases.
Old April 1, 2013, 03:55 PM   #29
2rott

I have a cheap wash bucket, probably 2 gals & drilled about 75-85 5/16 holes on the bottom. I sit this in a clean 5 gal bucket & dump the tumbler media into this, & shake vigorously. Once the media is out, I shake the brass vigorously some more & never have a problem with media in the cases. The whole process takes a couple minutes. I throw 2 or 3 used dryer sheets, cut in half, into the tumbler & the dust from the tumbling adheres to the sheets & I don't notice any dust when I shake the bucket. Total cost probably $2-3 at most.