The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old November 9, 2010, 09:00 PM   #1
Jerry45

Need help with an OLD 1970ish Tasco Riflescope

I have a Tasco # 634V 3 X 9 riflescope that I bought 30 + years ago. The owner’s manual is long gone. I’ve never had a problem with the focus until now. My eyes are getting old and now that I wear glasses targets are getting a bit out of focus. Is there a way to adjust the focus?

I see a setscrew(?) right behind the power adjust ring and just in front of the Ocular bell / eyepiece. I’m thinking if I loosen it the eye piece can be rotated to adjust the focus but since the scope has never given me a bit of trouble I don’t want to just start turning screws without knowing what they are fore.
Old November 9, 2010, 11:38 PM   #2
DnPRK

I have a couple old 624s. The ocular bell was not made to be turned and the tiny set screw is sealed with sealer. But the ocular lens adjustment is made by turning the very end of the ocular where the rubber eye protector is located. Turn counterclockwise as viewed from the rear will extend the ocular lens from the bell.
Old November 10, 2010, 11:25 AM   #3
Jerry45

I couldn’t get the end (very end of the ocular bell where the rubber piece is) to turn but I did get the Ocular Bell to turn away from the locking ring between it and the power indicator ring. Once the locking ring is tight the entire ocular bell, locking ring and power indicator band all turn as one.

Now I need to find where I can buy the rubber eye protector ring that goes on the end of ocular bell / eyepiece. I have no idea what happened to it but it’s gone. Have no idea when, what year, it got gone < (made a funny)

Thanks for the help.