The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old April 10, 2000, 09:35 PM   #1
Joe Portale

Hi,

A friend inherited a couple of firearms that he came to me for help. He showed me an old Jennings J-22 pistol. He asked me to check this pistol out for him and see if it works.
The only problem seems that the slide will not lock back with the magazine in or out. and there is no locking level on the frame that I can see.

Does the slide even lock back on this little thing? And is there anything that I need to know about this pistol before proclaiming fit for fun?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Joe
Old April 10, 2000, 09:46 PM   #2
Bud Helms

Joe'

These little pistols are basic, basic. No slide catch. Just a safety. I don't even know how good that is. I carry mine (for snakes) with the chamber empty. Every time I see one used, I pick it up. $35 bucks. I have 'em everywhere. Tackle box, dry well, glove box, tool box, etc.

To test one, I shoot a shot shell first, then a LR. I don't think the shot shell proves anything, though. 'Never had one that looked okay have a problem.