The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old April 3, 2015, 04:27 PM   #1851
dirtd0g

New Member Introduction!

Hi all!

I just recently received my LTC for MA and have been perusing the internet and handling as many firearms as possible prior to my first purchase. I have a close friend who is a vice president at a local range, instructor, and an old army armorer. I had previously only shot .22s in Boy Scouts and .177 pellets while hunting squirrels in my attic. Since then I've enjoyed shooting pistols, something that had always felt odd to me until popping off a few with an old Beretta 9mm.

I'm looking to pick up a Ruger 10/22 and some 22LR Pistol for plinking, practice, and fun. As time goes on I'll undoubtedly will move into the carbine market; the Mini 14 felt really good to me and I enjoyed an old SKS as well.

As a longtime forum-warrior on a variety of sites and topics I am excited to be a part of this community and will definitely be asking questions and engaging in discussions regularly.
Old April 9, 2015, 08:11 AM   #1852
Skeets
Member in memoriam

Hi everone! New,old guy from Indiana

New to forums,but have 65yrs.shooting and hunting both big and small game.Plus 26 straight years hunting Wyoming.Now own an Indiana farm complete with 100yd.rifle range.Very handy to test and zero new firearms.Happy to be here,hoping to learn lots from all of you.
Old April 9, 2015, 04:17 PM   #1853
bass1824

hey everyone

New to the forums. read a lot of them finally signed up
Old April 12, 2015, 09:39 AM   #1854
MFitz

Hello all

New to the forum, long-time firearms enthusiast but only recently have I begun actively collecting and shooting them (from 4 to 17 in the last 2 years). Primary interest is in military firearms from the first half of the 20th century - but I don't limit myself.

Looking forward to learning and sharing.
Old April 12, 2015, 09:46 AM   #1855
Nlight1

Hi I'm Buddy. I'm from Oklahoma City. I really enjoy the wealth of information this forum provides. Been posting here a while already but just now introducing myself.
Old April 14, 2015, 04:23 PM   #1856
MANual_puller

Hi all, new guy here from Iowa. I'm an avid deer hunter. I've got a lovely wife, 2.5 year old daughter and a second daughter on the way I'm only 27 and just getting a good start on my gun collection

Here's my list of toys so far:

-Savage arms model 94 in 17HMR(my coyote gun)
-Rock Island Armory M1911A2 FS 22TCM/9MM combo gun(soon to be EDC once I get it back from the 'smith)
-Mossberg Maverick 88 12ga. shotgun with the Adaptive Tactical Sidewinder Venom kit(used to be Knoxx industries, pic attached). This is my favorite as it's my deer gun. Don't have a recent picture, I've added a sling and a 24" fully rifled and ported slug barrel since this was taken.
-I have a .50 cal. Muzzle loader, sorry I forgot the make, I haven't shot it yet. It was a Christmas present from my father-in-law this past year
-Daisy poweline 880 air rifle .177 pellet gun that I use for pigeon and squirrel control, got this from my parents on my 14th birthday and it will still take a pigeon off a 60' silo cleanly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gun2.jpg (129.5 KB, 17 views)
Old April 15, 2015, 05:06 AM   #1857
TxWheels

Morning all and howdy from north Texas.

Been reading through your forum for a couple weeks now and finally registered because it seems like a pretty good group of folks here.

I'm just one of those old, mean and ugly Texans who's been carrying a gun for 46 years and actually shooting longer than that.

Looking forward to participating in the forums.
Old April 22, 2015, 11:41 PM   #1858
Magnum-

New to the fourm ....

Hello TFL members .... Magnum here , New to the forum . Been in the shooting game for most of my life . Custom reloading my own ammo for over 45 years , loading about 12 different calibers , and 20 and 12 gauge shotgun . My favorite cartridge has Always been the 44 Remington Magnum Cartridge .

Maybe I can past some of my knowledge on to other's here and maybe Pick up a few pointers from some of y'all ... Mesquite ,Texas" is my home .... I'm a right wing conservative .... One Year Retired State Certified Comm. Exterminator .... with 45 years service .
Old April 23, 2015, 02:12 AM   #1859
PlumberCharlie

Yep, new here..

Hello everyone. Must say great site what I have seen. I know very little of my new mail order bride to be..Supermatch M1A.. all I know is.." it was love at first site.".stocking money away a little at a time..but we will get there.
(2) 1911 45s
good shotgun..of which I have none yet..
just found my lasting hobby
that's gonna be my collection...ok..ok..
I may end up in round senders anonymous...Hi my name is Charlie..and uh,..uh..
I am a round sender....."Hi Charlie!!!
Old April 30, 2015, 10:31 AM   #1860
bandaid1

Hooyah

I'm not a real new member, just one that's been out of he loop for awhile. I'm retired Navy. I truly enjoy reading this forum and hope I can add to the discussion.
Old May 5, 2015, 03:01 PM   #1861
playabro

Hello

My name is Frank and Im from Canada. Looking for some specific info and thought this might be a good place to find it. Lets hope so.
Old May 11, 2015, 05:20 PM   #1862
twister

Hello everyone,
I'm a gun toting bible believing, constitution supporting American.
Prior military servise. Honorable discharged the day Elvis died.
I have a 100 yard range in my yard. I shoot a few rounds almost daily. I shoot .223 and .270 mostly. I reload almost daily. I'm retired and that's what I do to occupy time...
Old May 15, 2015, 05:35 AM   #1863
gunney

Hi Fellow TFL members

G'day from Downunder. I am a 65 yr old that has been involved with guns from a very early age, my dad was a soldier during WWII on the Kokoda Track and he introduced me to shooting to wit a No1 MkIII. Over the years I have owned a few of these and now own a No5 Jungle Carbine, a 98 Mauser and just recently collected a Model 1917 Eddystone. I still own my pattern 07 Bayonet along with one for the No 5. I also have a problem with my nerves in my legs that prevent me from going hunting in the high country but still able to shoot rabbits on my sisters farm, I have always had a passion for long arms and like to learn about all types not just the ones I have including my modern weapons. Hope to be able to learn a lot here

Cheers
Gunney
Old May 15, 2015, 10:32 PM   #1864
Zodiak

Hello from Chicago

Hi there. I'm new here so I just wanted to introduce myself.
I own a Chiappa Rhino, Beretta Cx4, Beretta 96A1, Sig Sauer P226 (40), and a Kimber Sapphire Ultra II (9mm).
Looking forward to learning a lot.
Old May 16, 2015, 08:55 PM   #1865
Rbrt3474

Hi everyone,

I've been a member here for a few months, just never introduced myself in this thread. I'm a long-time hunter, just started Uspsa shooting and reloading for pistols. Learned a lot on here so far, know I'm gonna learn a lot more. Thanks for all the good info and advice.
Old May 21, 2015, 07:44 AM   #1866
Ashikabi

Greetings everyone. I came here for our mutual interest in fire arms and related activities. I currently own a Sig Pro 2022 and an AK47. I have an interest in learning better tactics and skills necessary to survive difficult situations. I've never faced a tough one yet but it's always a possibility
Old May 24, 2015, 10:59 AM   #1867
GaNightTrain

New member with lots of questions

I've had guns in my life since I was about 8 and own several still. However, I've come into control of a collection that my recently deceased father-in-law had. Most are easily identifiable and easy to place value on for the probate process. However, some have nearly no trademark information that I can track. There are a few black powder handguns that are the biggest problem. There are a couple of rifles as well that tell me what caliber they are, but little more. I'll be looking for help in this area and finding a way to value them properly.
Old May 24, 2015, 11:33 AM   #1868
Art at Arms

Custom Engraving

I recently opened up a engraving shop in South Jordan Utah. Just trying to spread the word. I have my FFL 07 and SOT 2, I always meet or exceed ATF requirements of 1/16" character height and .003 depth. I also do custom engraving on metal, wood and polymers. I offer %10 discount to LEO and military, also manufacture discounts. You can see all of my work by going to the instagram link below. Thanks for reading

Polymer Marking

Metal Engraving

Wood Engraving

Last edited by Art at Arms; May 24, 2015 at 11:44 AM.
Old May 26, 2015, 08:56 AM   #1869
eliXion

Hello Everyone, My name is Brian and I'm from the "gun-loving" state of NJ. Ive been using TFL since I got into firearms about 3 years ago. A friend took me to a range for the first time and I've been hooked ever since. Below is a list of my current armory. Looking forward to learning more and shooting more.

- Yugo SKS
- Ruger 10/22: KIDD bolt handle, Williams Fire Sight
- Savage 10 PSR: Vortex Viper HS, PWS Muzzle Break, OD Green Alumahyde
- Ruger Mini 30: Magpul Rail, AccuStrut, Dynacomp Muzzle Break, Primary Arms 1-6 Scope, Trigger Job by GunDoc
- Stag Arms Model 3: MI Quad Rail, Magpul MOE fixed stock, MI BUIS, QD GGG Bipod mount w/ bipod, Burris QD PEPR mount, Nikon P223
- IWI Tavor: ProComp Muzzle Break, Eotech 552, Magpul RVG
- Ruger SR22: Tandemkross Wingman and Compensator, Crimson Trace Rail Master
- Springfield XD Tactical 9mm: UM Tactical Rail, Burris FF3, Coyote Alumahyde
Old June 4, 2015, 10:02 PM   #1870
Papa Charlie

Wow, reading just through a few pages of this thread it seems a lot of you already have a lot of experience. 100-yd ranges in your backyard?! drool...

I live in the Chicago suburbs, so my options seem to be local tiny 25 yd ranges or a 2 hour drive to a shooting club.

Anyway, newbie here, just bought a .22 rifle online. Mossberg 702. I'm learning that the real hunt is for the ammo.

I've got a lot of questions, but i'm a notorious lurker so I may be pretty silent. Oh well.
Old June 5, 2015, 05:31 PM   #1871
FreedomRocks

New from WA

New member to the forum from western Washington.

Proud owner of:
Ruger LCP .380
Ruger 10-22
Springfield XDs 9mm
Springfield XDm .45
M&P Shield 9mm
M&P Pro Series 9mm
M&P 15T 5.56
Old June 7, 2015, 11:47 PM   #1872
Tin Foil

New member from a place called America

Howdy everyone,

Just got approved to post so I thought I'd pay my respects to the board.

Old June 9, 2015, 02:14 AM   #1873
DonaldE

Hey there all shooters and hunter, new hunter here
Old June 9, 2015, 03:50 AM   #1874
Noddy

New member from South Africa

Hi all
My name is Noddy (nickname) and I just got approved. Thank you very much for accepting me on TFL.
I am very interested in firearms (all firearms) and this resulted in me ending up working in an firearms environment.
Through some friends on mine I got interested in various sport shooting disiplines, as well as reloading.
I currently have various firearms and are in the process of buying one more rifle, a Savage 12 VLP in .308 Win calibre.
I am lookoing forward to all the interisting articles and discussions on this forum.
Regards and good shooting to all.
Old June 21, 2015, 10:59 AM   #1875
ron vrooman

Sovereign Oregonian

Good Morning, I already received two sales pitches from member here. I decline.
The sheriff of Washington County, Oregon took my concealed carry permit when I was arrested for trespass with a firearm. It took me over 160 days to be found not guilty. It burns my ass to even have a concealed carry permit.

I am 76 and woke up last August. I learned a bunch in short order. I had my 40 S&W and permit. I always got all licenses, permits, etc. I accepted government changing my right to a privilege and charging for it or denying the privilege.

I no longer accept this. I'm seeking others in Oregon that are like minded. Constitutionalists.

Common Law grand jury anyone. Open or concealed carry with no permits.

shall not infringe. Oregon constitution needs to cleaned. It is repugnant now.

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent