The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old April 20, 2012, 09:01 PM   #1
Capybara

AOW Advice

Hi:

An AOW is pretty much the only NFA item we are allowed in my state. Do you own an AOW? Do you actually take it to the range and shoot it/practice with it? While I like the look of the Serbu Super Shorty, it seems that a 10" or 12" barrel version is a bit more practical, less blast, etc.

Looking at a Remington 870, 12.5" barrel, Knox Breacher, Mesa Shell Holder and no VFG because I have repeatedly heard that using a VFG will bend or warp the charging handle bars to the receiver (not sure what these are actually called?).

I would appreciate any AOW advice or recommendations.
Old April 21, 2012, 09:13 AM   #2
Willie Lowman

I have a Serbu. I take it out every month or so. I have found that the bars on mine are slightly bent. I wouldn't be suppriesd if a straight forend will bend the bars eventually.

As far as the breacher and shell holder, it'll be your gun and you can hang whatever you want off of it.