The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 19, 2006, 04:15 PM   #1
Eric Larsen

Confessions of a holster maker.......HBE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys.....I know Ive been getting slammed on the boards lately about beind behind etc...............

I hope this clears up everything.................

This letter is going on my website very soon.........Im sorry for any Bull**** Ive put you all through! Im human and frankly, right now that part of it sucks!

Thanks, Shoot well and god bless.........

"This is to let you all know where Im at currently and frankly this is probably one of the hardest things Ive done.
I am behind by a fair amount. I have some holsters that are as far out as 7-8 months due to circumstances in my shop, mold rework, materials that are just not that easy to get anymore etc. That happens in the world of holster making from time to time.

But thats isnt the reason for most of the tardiness. I dont want to sound like Im making excuses for anything because I feel like thats a cop out and dont want to come across that way! Frankly, Im not like that, most of you who know me know that to be fact! Anyway, on that note.... here goes.

Things have happened in my life lately that have frankly, blindsided me. My beautiful, sweet wife and kids are now no longer in my life, at least not as they were. I recently got divorced, like many of you have and it has taken its tole on me in a way I didnt and couldnt expect. Its screwed up my production times and the communication with my customers. I cannot apologize for this enough....you all have my personal and professional "IM SO SORRY!" For what its worth, its from the heart!

It pains me greatly to come on the internet and say....."Ive been screwed up because of this, but Im getting better!" I dont air my dirty laundry....but when I took on this job, which I love more than anything Ive ever done, I became a "more public" figure than I had been in the past. Now, where I got my business started and kept it going, on the internet, is where I must state the facts of my situation.

Please, please dont take this as Im making excuses for my being late with your leather and being slow to answer email....that is simply not the case. I am simply letting you know what is going on in my life and business and asking for you patience, faith and most importantly your on going support. I want to keep making holsters for a living and giving you guys some of the best leather I can make!

I am still making holsters/leather to the best of my ability! Im averaging 12-15 a week and will get my back log caught up within 2-3 months. At that time, I should be back to my quoted production time......

If you have leather that is behind....please contact me...Id love to talk with you.
Emails are getting caught up slowly so if you want a quick answer, please call me.

Thank you for your patience, support and understanding and God Bless you all.

Sincerely,
Eric Larsen/HBE"

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice......Rush
Old June 19, 2006, 07:26 PM   #2
EricN

thoughts and prayers..

Eric,

My thoughts and prayers go out to you during this time of transition. I know from personal experience how hard things must be for you right now. I am looking forward to my order and if its half as good as Ive been told they are am looking forward to have you make all my holster needs.

EricN
Old June 20, 2006, 04:18 PM   #3
Don Gwinn
Staff Emeritus

Stickied.
Old June 20, 2006, 09:44 PM   #4
Dave Shooter

Brother I feel your pain

Man my heart and prayers go out to you. You are doing the right thing taking one day as well as hr at a time. Don't let the rest of the world get to ya. For things will come full circle.I use to record and write music back in Nash, Tn many moons ago. Anyway I wrote a song that might give you some comfort It was titled "One True Love" You hang tough.
Dave Smith aka David Montana aka Dave Shooter.
Old June 22, 2006, 01:35 PM   #5
Rickstir

Good luck sir. You are on the right path. With focus, all can be well again.
Old July 1, 2006, 03:23 PM   #6
Eric Larsen

Thanks and god bless
Shoot well, Eric

Old July 19, 2006, 06:51 PM   #7
armedandsafe

I feel for you. I remember going through mine and it screwed me up for a long time. I did finally come out of it, though. This, too, shall pass. Hang in there.

Pops

If it time to bury them, it is time to dig them up.
Remember, "Behind every blade of grass."
Old July 27, 2006, 03:03 AM   #8
Doubletaptap

Eric, I just went through one of those and it left me broken and wondering what's the use to keep on trying. It also left me jobless and in a bad situation.
The loss of a loved one is hard to cope with and especially if you still live in the same house with all the ghosts of the past to haunt you and torture you.

I decided to take a "vacation". I listed a bunch of guns I don't use or need on the internet for sale and used the money to pay my bills and eat on. I devoted my time to shooting and fishing for the last seven months while I spent a lot of time crying and missing my loved one.
After a few months it has gone away and I feel like a whole man again. The money's getting low, I got no guns I want to sell now and it's time to get a job and get back into the mainstream again.
You will do fine. Concentrate on your work and enjoy time with your friends when you can.
And remember the most important things,
Time heals all wounds,even of the heart.
Even though you loved her,she's just people, there are plenty more.
And somewhere right now there's several people going through what you are.
And a real important one, millions of people have gone through what you are and they're doing fine now.
We all have to continue on. It's our thing to do in life. Make the best of it.
Best wishes to you.
George
Old August 10, 2006, 08:46 AM   #9
Eric Larsen

Well thanks for all of the kind words....life is getting better..and Im slowly getting a little caught up.
Muchas Gracias...again. Shoot well and god bless

Old August 10, 2006, 07:30 PM   #10
kart racer

Eric,I've bought 3 holsters and a belt from ya.If you ever want to come to NC you're welcome to come to the house and I'll take ya fishing,introduce ya to 1911 tuner who is on another forum you visit.
I feel for ya and when I need another holster I will call on you.Best of wishes,Joe.
Old March 26, 2007, 06:13 AM   #11
BanginMusket

I don't have problems with my leathers but we can still talk.

Old October 7, 2007, 03:43 PM   #12
mbott

There is a note over on the CZ Forum that one of the members there received notice of a Chapter 7 filing from Eric's attorney.

http://p201.ezboard.com/fczechpistol...picID=69.topic

--
Mike