The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old July 27, 1999, 11:19 PM   #1
4V50 Gary
Staff

Unlike the idyllic days of my long faded youth, my passion for Oreo cookies has not waned. However, I have developed a disliking for the creme. While scraping the creme off some Oreos (Forgive me Nabisco, for I have sinned) tonight, I mused about its potential in blackpowder shooting.

Consider this, Oreo creme in lieu of Crisco (or some other lubricant) to cover the cylinder face of your black powder revolver. I doubt if anybody has been insane enough to attempt this, but with a stainless Ruger Old Army and the right size ball (.457) along with cornmeal filler as an additional safety, I don't see any harm.

Comments or even goofier ideas on from our members?

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Old July 28, 1999, 09:13 PM   #2
David Schmidbauer
Retired Screen Name

>even goofier ideas on from our members?

How about this... scrap off the cream and save it in a crisco/coffee tin in the fridge. When you get the tin fill sent it to Nabisco. Tell them you love Oreos, but are suger sensitive and because of your medical condition you can't eat the cream. Ask them for a refund, or even better, send you a couple cases of just the cookies.

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"