The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 22, 2014, 07:42 PM   #226
jazzbo7910

Minor Child receiving firearm

My XDS was shipped to my home last week. My 10 year old daughter was allowed to sign for and receive the gun. Does anybody know if any laws were broken by the carrier?
Old January 22, 2014, 08:11 PM   #227
Idaho Spud

Mum's the word. You got your gun. Life is good.
Old January 22, 2014, 10:14 PM   #228
jazzbo7910

Just let it go? What if the wrong kid got their hands on the gun?
Old January 23, 2014, 12:05 AM   #229
Idaho Spud

OK, turn the guy in, get him fired. Possibly they'll want your gun for evidence, while the case goes on for who knows how long? Then you can be without your XDs which you've just gone 3 months or so without. Maybe a year, who knows? Be happy your kid's the right kind. In your case, nothing happened. Be thankful.
Old February 17, 2014, 08:25 AM   #230
pylonguy

only got 100 rounds in before sending it back. Took a few months but included a 7rd magazine for the inconvenience. Now that I got it back can't wait to take it back to the range.
Old February 22, 2014, 06:56 AM   #231
rmantoo

Did the driver know it was a firearm? Was the package exterior marked?

I ask because some carriers (Fedex and UPS, iirc) require that the exterior of packages containing firearms NOT be marked as such... but I honestly don't know if the computer the drivers carry explain that it's a firearm...
Old February 23, 2014, 01:40 PM   #232
Cali_04

Thanks for the info I have a friend who just bought a Springfield I'll have to give him a heads up not sure which model he purchased.
Old February 26, 2014, 06:12 PM   #233
BullseyePrecision

Just got mine back post recall. Before the recall I had a thousand rounds through it with no problems at all. Today I went to the range and shot 200 rounds I had 12 ftf due to light primer strikes. And 4 times when I would rack in a round the trigger wasn't reset and would do nothing so I had to rack that round out and chamber a new one. I also looked at some of the ejected casings and about 3/4 of them the primer strike was not in the center.

I'm pretty disappointed. Anyone else have this happen.
Old February 26, 2014, 06:14 PM   #234
BullseyePrecision

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzbo7910 View Post
My XDS was shipped to my home last week. My 10 year old daughter was allowed to sign for and receive the gun. Does anybody know if any laws were broken by the carrier?
It has to be signed and received by an ADULT. Luckily nothing bad happened after she got it.
Old May 6, 2014, 05:38 PM   #235
Oruglock

Quote:
From the UPS website:

The shipper must use Delivery Confirmation Adult Signature Required service for each package containing a firearm, including a handgun, and affix a UPS label requesting an adult signature upon delivery.

I worked as a seasonal driver for UPS recently. I certainly wouldn't deliver a package requiring an adult signature if no adult was present to sign for it. We hand many bottles of wine that couldn't be delivered around Christmas because no adult was in to take delivery.

I imagine the other shipping companies have to follow the same regulations and procedures. If the package was clearly labelled as containing a firearm then it should not have been delivered. That is a sackable offence. It's up to you if you want to get the employee fired.
Old December 17, 2015, 05:09 PM   #236
Oyster Stew

Well... When I bought my xds I didnt think I would have to do their product testing
Old December 19, 2015, 05:43 PM   #237
Mannlicher

waited a year before sending my two back. Then, I sent them one at a time. Both came back within a week.
So far, they have been perfect, but then I felt they were perfect to start with.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.".........Ronald Reagan