The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old May 5, 2015, 12:11 AM   #1
Machineguntony

The MP5 shall live forever

I absolutely love the MP5 sub machine gun. Ammo is cheap, dirt cheap. Recoil is low, super low. Ultra controllable; slap on a suppressor, and you could confuse it for a soft shooting BB gun.

Now that I have given my biased and highly subjective opinion, may I kindly and proudly introduce...

My newest member of the family. The MP5 A3 Navy with burst housing. This gun has a registered Flemming sear and was built from a German HK94. I just shot it tonight. So much fun. Honestly, the tri-burst is cool, but a bit useless. Trigger control on the MP5 is very easy to accomplish on F/A.

Comparison of the MP5 A3 with stock fully retracted.

The A2 stock versus the A3 stock. Navy burst lower on top, SEF lower on bottom. The SEF has a registered trigger box, and those are almost always SEF boxes.

I prefer the A3 stock to the A2 stock, although, for utility, most grizzled HK vets will say that the A2 stock offers more controllability. To me, the A2 stock adds too much weight to the gun; and it's not like the 9mm has so much recoil that you need the weight.

Comparison of the size between the full size MP5s and the MP5K. The 'K' is the middle.

Old May 5, 2015, 12:34 AM   #2
Theohazard

Again, thanks for sharing your awesome collection with us, Tony. Man, I've got a chance to shoot a few MP5s and it's definitely amazing how easy they are to control. My favorite is definitely your MP5K, I've always wanted one of those.
Old May 5, 2015, 12:47 AM   #3
shooterdownunder

The MP5 family has always been in my top 10 guns.
Old May 5, 2015, 03:52 AM   #4
Blindstitch

Glad you guys like the MP5. I shot one in Vegas and got bored with it quick. Same thing with the full auto ar15. Maybe i'm just not made for machine guns.
Old May 5, 2015, 07:44 AM   #5
ttarp

Ah very nice, I have an MP5 clone (too poor for the HK94) that I'd love to try out in FA one day.
Old May 6, 2015, 05:54 AM   #6
Willie Lowman

Cool stuff MGT.

Opinions being what they are, I disagree with you when it comes to stocks. The sliding stock looks tactical-er. The sliding stock's cheek weld and length of pull is worse-er.

I haven't had a chance to shoot with a F A3 type stock.

I notice you don't have an SD in your stable yet.
Old May 6, 2015, 09:04 AM   #7
Machineguntony

I have an SD double push pin that is currently in transit via Form 3. So, I'm guessing in 6 months. I'll post pictures.

That should complete my MP5 collection. I would like to get the parts for this latest version of the MP5, once HK releases all the parts, one of which is the F stock. It looks like the fore rails are something different. I like the tan; I have enough black guns.

Old May 6, 2015, 11:36 AM   #8
CowTowner

Machineguntony, let me know when you get one of those in 10mm Auto.
Austin ain't that far and I'll bring the ammo.
“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life......” President John F. Kennedy
Old May 6, 2015, 12:33 PM   #9
Sharkbite

The MP5 is a classic... No doubt

I agree the a3 stock makes the gun handle better. If they just made it adjustable so it can be run a touch shorter, it would be perfect for me.

I like the "K" but its not quite as easy to shoot well. The increased RPM is just a bit too fast for controlled singles. The addition of the stock making the "K" into a PDW helps greatly.

VERY nice collection Tony
Old May 12, 2015, 07:55 PM   #10
burninghXcsoul

Dude I gotta say it... I'm 30 and I own 54 guns which I thought was a lot but you ball on a whole different level. Are you really Dan Bilzerian haha?
Old May 13, 2015, 02:02 AM   #11
Machineguntony

54 guns is no small feat, my friend. Congratulations on your collection.

And no, I am the opposite of Dan Bilzerian.

Last edited by Machineguntony; May 13, 2015 at 02:09 AM.
Old May 13, 2015, 07:09 AM   #12
burninghXcsoul

Thanks MGT. Although I haven't really thought of it as a "collection" although I guess it would/could be. Its a pretty random mix of everything under the sun, although I would say the majority are semi-auto so I guess that's a trend I have going...

I am a dedicated hunter so I have my hunting guns which is a couple of shotguns and rifles and the rest are just fun guns because I really enjoy shooting.

Please don't take the Dan Bilzerian comment as an insult, it wasn't intended to be haha.

I really like your MP5K, that has to be a blast to shoot.
Old May 19, 2015, 03:58 PM   #13
BerdanSS

while I LOVE the MP5A5.....I thoroughly enjoyed shooting an SD6 that belonged to the Johnson county ERT it kinda spoiled me