The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 22, 2015, 02:48 PM   #26
Pond, James Pond

Quote:
If you do have girlie hands, CGW makes drop in kits to reduce trigger reach, and pull weight. Start with the 75 series, there are many variations.
Well girls have previously told me that they like my hands. Does that count?

Ok seriously. The ergos, accuracy, take down and capacity are all great, but I do think that having larger hands/longer fingers will help a lot.

I have an SP-01, which is essentially a 75b with rail and ambi-safety. It is comfortable and accurate. DA pull is a little challenging and I need the tiniest shift of grip to activate the slide release, but then I have fingers that are a little short in relation to my palm.

For the DA the half-cock option is good for the reach-challenged. Cocked and Locked is even better if you are comfortable with that. I probably wouldn't be, but that is nothing to go by.
Old May 25, 2015, 07:52 AM   #27
darrentxs

I know a CZ collector and have been lucky to shoot most of his. They are superb handguns IMO. I found them to be very accurate and comfortable. The finish is very durable as well. The only CZ that felt a bit too large in my medium sized hands was the 97 B model in 45 ACP. Even so, it performed flawlessly and the sights were right on the money. I'm always a bit worried about non adjustable sight guns, but with the CZs I've tried, it seems to be a non issue.