The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old June 4, 2006, 01:46 AM   #1
revinkevin

just bought winchester1300

well im new to the forums and was looking for some help. i went out and bought a new winchester 1300 black shadow for skeet/ all around use. i was wondering if anyone knew of anyone making a shorter barrel for home defense for it, so that way i dont have to have 2 guns just switch barrels ( on winchesters website it says the defender barrels will NOT fit on the field models) any ideas? seems like i cant find any websites that have any goodies for this gun.
thanks in advance for the help.
Old June 4, 2006, 08:00 AM   #2
Renfield

http://www.e-gunparts.com/model.asp?idDept=277

welcome..although I'm new too

the loop on the bottom of the barrel anchors much higher on the Defender barrel because the magazine holds 7 rounds instead of 4

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"
Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Orators are most vehement when their cause is weak" Marcus Tullius Cicero

Old June 4, 2006, 09:54 AM   #3
revinkevin

figures there out of stock on them but aparently they do exsist just need to do some hunting! i cant wait to shoot it. gotta love the 10 day waiting period.
Old June 4, 2006, 12:14 PM   #4
LSU12ga

ebay it

ebay.

i bought my 870 at a pawn shop, and sold the barrel on ebay to finance the purchace of a shorter one.
Old June 4, 2006, 02:11 PM   #5
Dfariswheel

Brownell's sell just about everything fit to have for shotguns:
http://www.brownells.com/

They sell magazine extensions by Choate that fit the Winchester, stocks, sights, side saddles, etc.

The reason the Defender barrel won't fit the sporting models is, the Defender has a extended magazine and the Defender barrel can't lock onto a shorter sporting magazine tube.

However, there are short barrels available for the sporting model guns, or you can simply buy a long barrel and cut it down.

Winchester barrels turn up on Ebay often.

Winchester used the same barrel on the 120, 1200 and 1300.
Old June 4, 2006, 07:48 PM   #6
revinkevin

awesome! thanks for the info! probably go the Ebay route as a new barrel costs about what i paid for the gun brand new! lol im not really looking to throw lots of tactical items on it. just a shorter barrel and maybe a Knoxx recoil reducing stock.
Closed Thread