The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old May 30, 2006, 03:46 PM   #1
OnlyInAmerica

Anyone used a Butler Creek folding stock on 12ga?

Does anyone have experience of this stock please?

I'm contemplating purchasing a Remington 870 with one installed. It will ultimately be just for HD but I'll need to practice with it.

I've had advice to go with a solid stock (and may well do so) but the gun is available locally at a good price thus equipped so I'm curious for any actual experiences.

Thanks in anticipation for any help
Old May 30, 2006, 08:06 PM   #2
delzo

I have a Butler Creek that I just recently retired when I bought the Knoxx SPEC-OP, (for the recoil absorption).

Mine actually is made of two rods forming a skeletonized frame, but is basically the same. I put a Kickeez recoil pad on it, but too many shoulder surgeries forced me to try something else.

The unit folds easily and is quick to bring into action. I shot hundreds of rounds through my Winchester with the Butler Creek attached and carried it on-duty everyday for many years. You'll like it because it's good and solid and their price is right.
Old May 31, 2006, 02:11 PM   #3
Brian Williams

I have one on my Win 1300 and it is great, makes for a nice compact size for in the trunk. Shooting it is tough but I got it to be compact. I have not fired it without the stock unfolded.