The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 30, 2005, 06:23 PM   #1
GLP Standard

Adjusting retention on Fobus Holster

I just got my Fobus roto holster in from Copsplus.com today (thank god) and I was wondering how people that are familiar with Fobus holsters have the retention adjusted?

When I got it out of the package, it was so hard to get out, that I had to pull it out with all my force a couple good tugs to clear the holster. I loosened it up, and right now I have it adjusted so that its just as hard to get out as it is to put back in (if you have a Fobus holster, you know how hard that is)

Does everyone think this will be loose enough to get it out when the SHTF, yet tight enough to keep it in if someone decides to grab my gun? Thats all im worried about. I can get it out fine, but I dont want someone else to get it out if they try and take it from me.

Any advice is appreciated
Old January 2, 2006, 02:02 PM   #2
rich from PA
Registration in progress

I've had my fobus holster for about a year, but mine is not the Roto one. My holster is not adjustable and just figured that when the SHTF with the adrenaline flowing I wouldn't notice it. Although mine is not that tight.
Old January 2, 2006, 02:56 PM   #3
choochboost

The level of retention on my fobus roto holster is perfect - not too tight not too loose. The gun stays in the holster if I swing it around upside down but its still very easy to draw from.

Here a smiliar thread in same category running right now: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=193620 Maybe you can find some helpful answers.