The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old February 7, 2014, 08:36 AM   #126
Skans

Quote:
I've seen 1000 drunk, high, uncouth, shady, sketchy, irresponsible, unsafe AR kids.
I don't know where you're from, but just about wherever I shoot - indoor range, outdoor range, public/private, hunting, etc., I have yet to see one drunk or high individual handling any kind of gun, let alone an AR. I've been shooting guns for over 30 years. But, you've seen 1000 of them??? Wielding AR's??? Maybe they weren't drunk, just zombies.
Old February 7, 2014, 10:10 AM   #127
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
I've been muzzle flashed by 1000 AR owners. Never Garands.
Selective/failing memory comes with age.

Quote:
I've watched 1000 AR guys fiddle with their scope and rack actions while I'm down range. Never K98s.
But apparently you have been muzzle flashed by them or you would have listed them above.

Quote:
I've had 1000 AR guys explain that this & that gadget are perfect for killing zombies. Never Arisakas.
Of course not. Arisakas does accept the gadgets that are good for killing zombies. D'uh! LOL, not understanding current trends in humor also comes with advanced age.

Quote:
I've seen 1000 drunk, high, uncouth, shady, sketchy, irresponsible, unsafe AR kids. Never 1903s.
It must be tough getting old. I think Skans is onto something about your post. The information seems quite suspect and is obviously biased.

You have obviously never been to the range during the weekends preceding deer season.
Old February 7, 2014, 10:38 AM   #128
carguychris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy
Arisakas does accept the gadgets that are good for killing zombies. D'uh!
+1. It's OBVIOUS that an Arisaka bayonet is more effective against zombies than any other bayonet issued since WWI; just look at one, they're like short swords!

Last edited by carguychris; February 7, 2014 at 01:51 PM. Reason: typo
Old February 7, 2014, 10:41 AM   #129
Microgunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspoken

I've watched 1000 AR guys fiddle with their scope and rack actions while I'm down range. Never K98s.

I've had 1000 AR guys explain that this & that gadget are perfect for killing zombies. Never Arisakas.

I've seen 1000 drunk, high, uncouth, shady, sketchy, irresponsible, unsafe AR kids. Never 1903s.

That's why I hate tacticoolers.
One of the funniest things I've read in a long while.
Old February 7, 2014, 10:57 AM   #130
doofus47

I don't know if I'm tactical or tacticool or neither.
I bought a red dot to put on my brush gun AR for hunting. I liked it so much that I bought a second for my latest AR build.
Use trumps appearance in my book. You can call me whatever, but I'm not going backwards from useful technology.
Old February 7, 2014, 11:30 AM   #131
burninghXcsoul

That's why I hate tacticoolers.

I think what you really need is to find a new place to shoot.....

That said, I like AR's, carried one in Iraq, had a red dot, flashlight, and laser on it because it was needed equipment. And if wierdo people didn't get all cammied up and play GI Joe at the range with their $3500 dollar rifles who would we laugh at?

The greatest thing is though that all vets can attest to is all of the same people we had in the military in Iraq where their job did not leave the safety of the base but they still had crazy tac'd out M4's with self bought "sniper scopes" (29.99 wal mart simmons) and other stuff (our supply guy had a bipod, an acog, a green laser, and a light all self purchased. Of course this is also the individual who we got to test all of the vehicles armor for soft spots with a hammer.... We called them geardos and it was even more evident when you saw their kit. You think people hang too much stuff of their rifles??? Wait till you see what they wear on their body.....
Old February 7, 2014, 12:37 PM   #132
Unspoken

Challenge my assertions all you want. Don't believe me, I don't care. I see it all the time. I shoot at an unsupervised range in the national forest, about 5 miles from a college with 10k students. The clientele there is absurdly young & not inclined to safety. I've never felt in danger around the good old boys or the milsurp guys. I can't say the same for the kid tactijunkers. So hit your stupid little buttons, roll your eyes, don't believe me, it doesn't change the truth of what I witness all the time.
Old February 7, 2014, 03:07 PM   #133
Kimber84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspoken View Post
Challenge my assertions all you want. Don't believe me, I don't care. I see it all the time. I shoot at an unsupervised range in the national forest, about 5 miles from a college with 10k students. The clientele there is absurdly young & not inclined to safety. I've never felt in danger around the good old boys or the milsurp guys. I can't say the same for the kid tactijunkers. So hit your stupid little buttons, roll your eyes, don't believe me, it doesn't change the truth of what I witness all the time.

If it's truly as dangerous as you infer, then why in the hell do you continue to go there??? Only a fool would return after going somewhere so dangerous!!
Old February 7, 2014, 03:09 PM   #134
Spats McGee
Staff

Aaaaand I think that's enough for this thread.