The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 29, 2013, 08:42 PM   #26
Wood3

I know a brass frame can't be converted. I didn't mean to confuse anyone. I just mentioned that in passing when someone said I should pass on the brass frame if I didn't already have it which I do.

I just want to learn all I can from the experienced hands about cap and ball shooting. I have only done it once at the range with someone else years ago so this is my first foray into black powder.
Old March 30, 2013, 02:35 AM   #27
Doc Hoy

Wood

You are off to a good start.

You have a solid shooter to build your experience.

You are asking the right questions. Your questions indicate that you have a good understanding of the mechanics of shooting.

And you came to the right place for answers when you have a question that can't be answered on the range. There are some very serious shooters on this forum who know what they are talking about. Those who respond love the way of life and are happy to share.

The first post in this forum is a good one to read for a great wealth of general knowledge.