The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old October 13, 2011, 08:13 AM   #1
warbirdlover

Nebraska

Years ago I used to shoot archery as a pro for Bear Archery. One of the "percs" was I got to go to get my "gear" at the distributor's ranch in Wisconsin who was a close friend of Fred Bear. In fact, he had ALL of Fred Bear's deer mounts in one of his buildings, including the ones that were in the magazine advertisings. And they ALL were shot in Nebraska.

And another time I was at a tourney in Wisconsin and in the refreshment "tent" was Fred Bear. No one else was there. So I got to sit and yak with Fred Bear, one-on-one, for almost an hour. Really a nice guy (and usually had a mixed drink in his hand)...

No real reason for this thread. Just had a flashback and had to write it down... And also to let the Nebraska hunters in here know they have some of the best whitetail (and muley) hunting in the US....

Last edited by warbirdlover; October 13, 2011 at 08:19 AM.
Old October 13, 2011, 09:13 AM   #2
longranger

Fred was an inspiration to this young boy back in the 60's and was enchanted by his exploits with a bow.I have shot archery since then,never put it away and never will.