The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Closed Thread

Old September 25, 2011, 06:15 PM   #1
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Animal rights freak gets minimum sentence

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...97/detail.html
Seems this Walter Bond feller who is an admitted terrorist only got the minmum of 5 years even after theis speech to the judge...

Quote:
“I’m here today because I burnt down the Sheepskin Factory in Glendale, CO, a business that sells pelts, furs and other dead animal skins. I know many people think I should feel remorse for what I’ve done. I guess this is the customary time where I’m suppose to grovel and beg for mercy. I assure you if that’s how I felt I would. But, I am not sorry for anything I have done. Nor am I frightened by this court’s authority. Because any system of law that values the rights of the oppressor over the down trodden is an unjust system. And though this court has real and actual power, I question its morality. I doubt the court is interested in the precautions that I took to not harm any person or by-stander and even less concerned with the miserable lives that sheep, cows and mink had to endure, unto death, so that a Colorado business could profit from their confinement, enslavement, and murder.

Obviously, the owners and employees of the sheepskin factory do not care either or they would not be involved in such a sinister and macabre blood trade. So I will not waste my breath where it will only fall on deaf ears. That’s why I turned to illegal direct action to begin with, because you do not care. No matter how much we animal rights activists talk or reason with you, you do not care. Well, Mr. Livaditis (owner of the Sheepskin Factory), I don’t care about you. There is no common ground between people like you and me. I want you to know that no matter what this court sentences me to today, you have won nothing! Prison is no great hardship to me. In a society that values money over life, I consider it an honor to be a prisoner of war, the war against inter-species slavery and objectification! I also want you to know that I will never willingly pay you one dollar, not one! I hope your business fails and you choke to death on every penny you profit from animal murder! I hope you choke on it and burn in hell!

To my supporters, I wish to say thank you for standing behind me and showing this court and these animal exploiters that we support our own and that we as a movement are not going to apologize for having a sense of urgency. We are not going to put the interests of commerce over sentience! And we will never stop educating, agitating and confronting those responsible for the death of our Mother Earth and her Animal Nations. My vegan sisters and brothers our lives are not our own. Selfishness is the way of gluttons, perverts and purveyors of injustice. It has been said all it takes for evil to conquer is for good people to do nothing. Conversely, all it takes to stop the enslavement, use, abuse and murder of other than human animals is the resolve to fight on their behalf!

Do what you can, do what you must, be vegan warriors and true animal defenders and never compromise with their murderers and profiteers. The Animal Liberation Front is the answer. Seldom has there been such a personally powerful and internationally effective movement in human history. You cannot join the A.L.F. but you can become the A.L.F. And it was the proudest and most powerful thing I have ever done. When you leave this courtroom today don’t be dismayed by my incarceration. All the ferocity and love in my heart still lives on. Every time someone liberates an animal and smashes their cage, it lives on! Every time an activist refuses to bow down to laws that protect murder, it lives on! And it lives on every time the night sky lights up ablaze with the ruins of another animal exploiters’ business!
That’s all Your Honor, I am ready to go to prison.”
He faces more charges yet and it is expected he will get at least 5 more years if he gets the minimum on one of the charges and it is served concurrently... longer if consecutive.

Brent
Old September 25, 2011, 06:44 PM   #2
fuhr52

This guy is a whack job and a self proclaimed danger to society. He has some misguided issues that need attention. Animals are here for our use. They are not human and have no free will. That doesn't mean I'm supportive of abusing they. That definition is apparently subjective to these radicals. Just my opinion.
Old September 25, 2011, 07:52 PM   #3
Don H

I'd think this guy is a self-admitted danger to society and should have been sentenced to the maximum term.
Old September 25, 2011, 08:05 PM   #4
4runnerman

He deserves to be locked up for a long time and released only after he has been examined by a therapist and a phys. Over the edge and a danger to all. To go to that point shows lack of concern about anything other than his cause. That alone is a gret adanger. What would he do next ???..
Old September 25, 2011, 08:23 PM   #5
armoredman

He will go to prison and meet some real animals.
Old September 25, 2011, 09:05 PM   #6
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

His tattoo work is very "prison-esque" in appearance and one is a big "menacing" one on his neck that will likely be consider a "sissy stamp" by the real predators... It states VEGAN

Poor feller... For both the security of the facility (he is, afterall, a self professed terrorist) and probably also for his own safety, he is being held in solitary confinement which is an increased level of punishment for most folks...

Brent
Old September 25, 2011, 09:18 PM   #7
armoredman

Hmm, we serve vegetarian meals, but NOT vegan, guess he'll get skinnny consuming his own body hair...
Old September 25, 2011, 09:36 PM   #8
C0untZer0

The language that these guys use seeps into the rest of society... I made sure I've corrected my kids numerous times whenever they use the term murder in reference to an animal.

I tell them that animals cannot be murdered that only humans can be murdered. It is the wrongful and unlawful killing of a human being.

I am also sensitive to the misinterpretation of the sixth commandment as "Thou shalt not kill" The sixth commandment states "Thou shalt not murder"

The word was also aimed at a lot of Viet Nam vets who were returning home by some very malicious and misguided people. Killing an enemy combatant in combat is definately not murder.

It bothers me that this maniac bought himself a soapbox by his criminal actions and no one rebuts his lies in the public forum.
Old September 25, 2011, 09:47 PM   #9
Geezerbiker

I think we should all try to support this company . I'm going to buy a pair of slippers from them for my wife...
http://www.sheepskinfactory.com/index.cfm

Don't let the wacko MF'er win...

Tony
Old September 25, 2011, 10:54 PM   #10
fatwhiteboy

I wonder how he feels about wearing lipstick and earrings for 10 years or so....
Old September 25, 2011, 11:03 PM   #11
warbirdlover

I don't believe they serve special vegan meals in prison unless they've changed prisons. In any case he'll either eat meat or die. And we'll be rid of him.

And I hope he keeps his cellmate "bubba" happy, multiple times daily.
Old September 26, 2011, 03:07 AM   #12
jgcoastie

I want to respond in kind... Believe me, I do...

But what does this have to do with hunting? Guns?
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." -Richard Henry Lee, Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights.
Old September 26, 2011, 08:15 AM   #13
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

JG, These same folks are the ones responsible for harassing hunters. They have also been caught putting various chemicals on salt licks etc... They also put out noxious chemicals all over hunting grounds if they think there is hunting activitiy in the area to move the game from the hunters.

One of their claims is they wouldn't consider it murder if a human "oppressor" dies at their hand as they defend the defenseless.

They would love to get a hunter mad enough to fire on them... The ALF terrorist dies a martyr's death and the hunting world will look like the murderous bunch they claim us to be...

It is very much indirectly a matter for hunters.

Brent
Old September 26, 2011, 08:16 AM   #14
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

All true, Brent. Unfortunately, most of the comments have nothing whatsoever to do with hunting.
Closed Thread