The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old January 5, 2010, 12:33 AM   #1
Mattnuckolls

CMMG SBR90 paperwork?

Hello,
I'm about to have my PS90 short barreled by Cmmg, anyone dealt with them? do I need to fill out any ATF forms if they are doing the work to SBR? not sure what I need to do, they say that they fill out the paperwork for me. any help would be appreciated.
Old January 5, 2010, 01:21 AM   #2
Willie Lowman

you are going to need to come up with a Certificate of Compliance, 2 sets of blue ATF fingerprint cards, 2 passport photos, and fill out a form 4 if they are going to do all the form 1 work...

And you will need a check to the BATFE for $200.
Old January 5, 2010, 02:37 AM   #3
David Hineline

Since you already own the rifle you will not need a dealer in your state of residence to have transferred to.

Send CMMG the rifle, you should provide your information to CMMG they ask for for the form 4, and if they are filling out the fingerprint cards give them the information they ask for on those also.

They register the gun on form2, then you take the form 4 in duplicate with their info, and your info and your photos attatched to your CLEO chief law enf. officer, he signs the forms and you get your finger prints rolled onto ATF cards not cards from the police dept. You fill out a form 5320.30 citizenship form, and all this goes into the address on the form with a personal check for $200. Once your check clears the bank you know the process has begun, wait 90days then check the status they wait upto another 90days. Once the transfer is approved the forms goto CMMG and they can direct ship your rifle back to you.

First go check with your CLEO to make sure they will sign your forms, otherwise you have extra legal work to do first before CMMG can build you a rifle.