The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 7, 2012, 08:05 PM   #1
bjones870

I'm having trouble deciding on my optic...

I'm between the Aimpoint PRO, and the Trijicon RMR dual illuminated. I like the Aimpoint pro, and it's battery life. I like the Trijicon because of no batteries, but I'm not sure about it's size. Do any of you have any experience with either optic?

To be ready, mentally and physically for what ever scenario arises, provides the best sleep at night I've ever gotten.
Old November 7, 2012, 08:22 PM   #2
BarryLee

I recently purchased the PRO to go on my Colt and so far it has been great. It comes assembled with the mount which allows co-witnessing. It was easy to attach and only took a few minutes to zero in. It appears to hold zero fine and seems fairly rugged, but then again I am just a recreational shooter.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old November 9, 2012, 10:31 PM   #3
gk1

Tritium has a half-life of about 10 years, IIRC, and is much harder to replace than batteries. I think the Aimpoint's batteries would only need to be replaced a couple of times in 10 years...