The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 25, 2009, 11:17 PM   #1
SpookBoy

Mav 88 questions.

i have a chance to pick up a mav 88 in great shape tomorrow, it has a ceramakote finish thats almost identical to the mossberg marine coat. it comes with a pistol grip and regular stock.

Now heres the kicker, I KNOW that the barrels will interchange if they are correct legnth 5 or 6 shot,whatever you call it. and the stocks match too. Will the 6 shot mossberg 500 sidesaddle fit or will i have to modify the forend? or go with the 4 shot sidesaddle? Also should i order a high quality mag spring and follower?

and when mossberg refers to 6 shot they mean 5 in the tube and one in the chamber, right?

"Once you familiarize yourself with the chains of bondage , You prepare your own limbs to wear them."
- Abraham Lincoln
Old December 26, 2009, 12:14 AM   #2
SpookBoy

I understand where it mounts, i was just wondering if the mossy 500 model would fit? and what brand sidesaddle should i go with? ati,shotforce,etc? also the same question with the stock, was thinking a 6 posisition with a shell carrier as well
and a flashlight, thats as ninja as i think im gonna go fellas

and pics will be up as soon as i recieve this fine firearm!!!!!!!!!

"Once you familiarize yourself with the chains of bondage , You prepare your own limbs to wear them."
- Abraham Lincoln
Old December 26, 2009, 12:57 AM   #3
SpookBoy

Quote:
I understand where it mounts, i was just wondering if the mossy 500 model would fit?
Quote:
Also should i order a high quality mag spring and follower?
aka scattergun tech.

Quote:
and when mossberg refers to 6 shot they mean 5 in the tube and one in the chamber, right?
as far as ordering a new barrel

anyone ?

- Abraham Lincoln
Old December 26, 2009, 09:13 AM   #4
SpookBoy

Can anyone answer the last 3 questions, sorry to ruch, but hes supposed to call me b4 lunch to seal the deal

- Abraham Lincoln
Old December 26, 2009, 10:40 AM   #5
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

The side saddle will match the pins but may interfere if you have the fore end that protrudes rear ward over the receiver to accommodate short arms...

A fix would be to dremel off what is in the way...
When I locate a tape, I will measure the distance from the receiver to the barrel lug on my 5+1=6
Brent
Old December 26, 2009, 10:43 AM   #6
SpookBoy

thanks brent

- Abraham Lincoln
Old December 26, 2009, 11:12 AM   #7
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

14 inches is the mag tube length on a 2 3/4-3 inch 5 +1... 500 20 and I expect it is the same for a 12...
Brent