The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old August 9, 1999, 11:35 PM   #26
Jessica Wellman

Yes he did promote safety...constantly!!
Thanks Darthmaum, I'll write down all your suggestions!
J
Old August 10, 1999, 09:28 AM   #27
fubsy

Lady dj,
Its good to see your still on a"high" about that range experience.....there is a whole new world opening up to you, have a safe journey. ...fubsy.
Old August 10, 1999, 08:54 PM   #28
Miss .357

Congrats on your new discovery! and welcome to TFL.
I demanded to learn about guns when my boyfriend (now fiance) moved one into our house. It was a great discovery for me.
Enjoy!

------------------
"Time changes everything"
Old August 10, 1999, 10:55 PM   #29
K80Geoff

LadyDeeJ and you other ladies who have a problem with shotguns should check out;

www.shotgunreport.com/GG/GGIndex.html

Click on Lonestar 4, there is some interesting and humorous information on handling shotgun recoil by a lady trapshooter. The information is a couple of years old but still appropriate.

[This message has been edited by K80Geoff (edited August 11, 1999).]
Old August 10, 1999, 11:51 PM   #30
Leadfoot

Ladydeej>> That's quite impressive for your first time out. What no Barrett 50?? Maybe tomorrow.

You sound like my kind of woman. Are you attached?
Old August 11, 1999, 11:22 AM   #31
Jessica Wellman

Yes Leadfoot I'm attached. My reasons for coming on TFL are not only to learn, but to share my newest hobby with people who care. My husband is not exactly "anti gun" he's more "anti WIFE with a gun."

Every time I mention my excitement he begins a new subject material. He's never tried to stop me from doing what I want to do, but learning about firearms is getting right up there in the "no no" category. My husband frequently uses facial expressions. Anyone who's been married knows those 'ole facial expressions, I'm referring to.

On the other hand, he also knows how stubborn I can be. I'm moving straight ahead. While his approval is important to me, this is more important. Hum..that sounded a bit selfish didn't it? I've never stopped him from doing what he wants. I guess I'm merely demanding the same respect. ???? Anyway,

TFL is a place where people understand my interest in firearms. I have another lesson scheduled with a different instructor. I haven't seen his gun collection, but I hear he's well armed. I guess I'll find out. Wish me luck.

Speaking of a lead foot, I have one of those!!! I'm hoping to get pulled over so that I can see what the sheriff is packing…

------------------
The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what it is one's destiny to do, and then do it.
HENRY FORD, "Success," Forum, October 1928
Old August 11, 1999, 01:07 PM   #32
Rod WMG

To LDJ and the other women who have had negative experiences dealing with men on the subject of shooting: That is regrettable and not necessarily typical of all male shooters. If you count the hairy legs on this thread and divide by two, you'll see that many of us don't feel that way.

Best wishes for your continued enjoyment of the sport.
Old August 11, 1999, 01:35 PM   #33
Keeper

Please talk to my wife for me...Just kidding. I do wish that she liked to shoot as much as you do. Congratulations and good shooting.
P.S. Has your husband ever used a firearm before? Include him on your next outing and you might convert him to the dark side.

It is better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.