The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 14, 2013, 11:59 AM   #1
smokiniron

Need a Berry's Bullets Catalog

Hi all....

Does anyone have a PDF catalog for Berry's Bullets?
Or, a link to a catalog would be fine.

Their website is high-centered on the back-order issue, and I can't seem to find a way to just 'see' their products.

Thanks!
and a few defensive firearms, too!
Old February 14, 2013, 01:51 PM   #2
Machz93

http://www.berrysmfg.com/products-q58-c58-Bullets.aspx

This link will get you around their back order disclaimer and let you see their bullet offerings.

Hope it helps.
Old February 14, 2013, 02:37 PM   #3
smokiniron

Machz93

Helps lots. Thanks.

I was at my local Cabelas looking for range reloads. Saw a box of 200gr 45 cal Berry's identified as 'round shoulder' and I think an 'OD' after the 'round shoulder description.

They look like this one:
http://www.berrysmfg.com/product-i14..._200gr_FP.aspx

Sadly, I'm at work and the box is at home. I miked one bullet at .4500 - .4510, depending on where I measured it.

I'm reloading for .45ACP and just need some range ammo... and to get more experience reloading.

Some of the Berry's product is labelled as '.452' in diameter.

Do I have a major problem with the bullet diameter? Checking only one bullet doesn't tell the whole story, I'm sure.

SO, is there any likelihood that these bullets are for some other round than .45ACP?
Old February 14, 2013, 03:55 PM   #4
Sevens

I've been through a couple thousand of those slugs. Just a nice, basic, 200 grain bullet for a .45 Auto. It is a flat point, so it's not quite as "feed LIKELY" as a traditional 230 grain Hardball or equivalent, but most modern .45 Auto handguns will eat them just like any other.

I have been focusing much more on lead slugs in my .45's these days, but I've loaded and fired my share of that exact Berry's slug and it works fine. I've also goofed with them a bit in .45 Colt with mixed results. I have precious little experience with .45 Colt and find that the H-U-G-E case volume...but horribly low pressure... is a bit of a PITA especially if you aren't using a long, fat, ugly lead slug to eat up some of that ridiculous case volume.

But hey, I'm off on a tangent.

Bottom line: enjoy those bullets in .45 Auto, they are perfectly fine.
Old February 14, 2013, 04:52 PM   #5
smokiniron

Sevens...

Quote:
but most modern .45 Auto handguns will eat them just like any other.
Good to know. The ogive and flat nose didn't look toooo wierd. These days, I'll take what I can find, and they are a lot cheaper than Hornady, Sierra, or the green-bag Remington bullets.

I'm looking for stuff to run through the press to gain experience, and to shoot at a lower price. I really don't want shoot holes in paper with hollow points or even my commercial ball ammo if I can roll my own with Berry's.

Thanks for the advice.

-Smokiniron