The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 14, 2009, 04:33 PM   #1
TimNelson

Where can I find a sig P226 .22?

I have been looking to purchase one of these and am just wondering if anyone knows where I can get one for a decent price
Old May 14, 2009, 05:32 PM   #2
AK103K

Are you referring to the .22 conversion kits? I dont believe they make a .22 specific P226, unless its something new.

Top Gun Supply had some of the conversion kits awhile back. You might try there. They usually have reasonable prices and very good service.

www.topgunsupply.com
Old May 14, 2009, 08:45 PM   #3
TimNelson

nope not referring to the conversion kits. you can check them out on sigs website its the p226 classic 22
Old May 15, 2009, 06:11 PM   #4
AK103K

Yup, something new.

Kind of surprised they went the Mosquito route if they already had these planned. Unless the Mosquito pushed them in that direction.
Old May 15, 2009, 06:21 PM   #5
rsxr22

the mosquito is just a cheaper more cost efficient version. I really wanted to like the mosquito i bought but everything about it was just plain cheap. Plus it was finicky w/ ammo. While the 226 is cosiderably more expensive, in the long run its a much better investment and youll have alot more fun. Plus i believe you can change calibers.
Anyway back to the thread, ive never seen one in a shop, but whenever i go to gun shows there are always a ton of them in the OH area. I'd start there or im sure some of the online stores like gunbroker,buds,gunsamerica,onlinegundeals,auctionarms,galleryofguns, or cheaperthandirt have some instock
Old May 15, 2009, 06:41 PM   #6
AK103K

I have an early Mosquito, and its been a great little pistol. Your right aboutif th it being "cheaper", but its still fun. Mine hasnt been at all ammo finicky. I havent heard from anyone who has the conversions yet to know if they are working out. Most of the other 1911 type I've tried seem to be hit or miss.

I thought about the conversions for the 220/226/229 when they first showed up, but once I saw the price, I figured why bother. I already have the Skeeter, and it fills the role just as well. My Airsoft 229's do too, and are even cheaper to shoot, and I get to shoot the kids with them.
Old May 16, 2009, 02:31 PM   #7
fprintf

JoJo's gunshop in Southington, CT has (had?) them in stock. That is where I bought mine in February. I had to save for a few months before sending away for the 9MM conversion kit, which just arrived in the mail this week. I can say it is a great gun, just seems to fit perfectly in my hand and the .22 shoots really well. It did take a few hundred rounds for it to take all 10 rounds out of the mag - so I shot 9 rounds in a mag for a while. Now it is flawless and fun as hell!