The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 28, 2005, 12:57 PM   #1
Rob P.

Frustration

I decided that I'd like a new holster for my SW 6906 (something that keeps it closer to my body) than my current one does.

So, I went "shopping" (I LOVE shopping for gun stuff :barf: The stores are just so "friendly" and "helpful").

Found out that my favorite personal protection is "old school" and NO ONE carries anything except whut fits Glock or Sig 225.

:barf: (again)

I really don't want to order something on the internet and find it's no better than what I have. So here's the deal...

HELP!

I'm really tall and can take advantage of the extra space between my belt and my lower ribs. So, I'm looking for something that rides very high at 5 o'clock and puts the muzzle no lower than my belt. I keep my wallet in that rear pocket and don't need to reveal when I'm asked for ID so I would really like something that is IWB with a retaining strap/thumb break.

So far the suggestion has been SOB but that doesn't work as I'm alternately seated and standing during the day. Any suggestions?

Oh yeah, no plastic for me.
Old December 28, 2005, 05:44 PM   #2
Fremmer

Would something like this Galco work, Rob? It is described as a "high ride" holster. I'll keep lookin' for ya. My other idea was a shoulder holster -- would that be an option? Oh. I see you want IWB. I'll keep up the search.

By the way, nice gun! My first semi was a S&W, so I have a soft spot for 'em.

Last edited by Fremmer; December 28, 2005 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Didn't notice the IWB request.
Old December 29, 2005, 02:22 PM   #3
Rob P.

That Galco is sorta like my current pancake. It puts the muzzle too low and prevents me from getting my ID out easily. It also exposes the barrel every time I reach for my wallet.

If I move the holster to the 3-4 O'Clock positon to avoid the wallet issue, the gun prints really REALLY well and interferes with free movement of my arm.

I'm thinking I need to go see my saddler and get something made.
Old December 29, 2005, 06:45 PM   #4
Michaelm45

Any of these?

http://www.blade-tech.com/home.php?cat=260
Old December 30, 2005, 10:44 AM   #5
Fremmer

How about this Bianchi? It is described as a "high ride" IWB holster!