The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 6, 2014, 08:21 AM   #1
Magnum Wheel Man

that brass thing again... anyone mess with 7.62 X 45 ???

if you've seen a previous post, I'm on a major brass resupply quest this year...

I'm working on cases for some of my milsurps now... anyone making / reforming cases for the 7.62 x 45 ???

the gun I got from my FIL ( a VZ-52 ) & he had the foresight to have 250 cases made up ( a quite involved process ) from 220 swift cases, necks reamed, & ready to go... I saw there is a custom ammo manufacturer in Colorado that has a box of ammo for sale, with formed brass ( like $50.00 for 20 ) on Gun Broker that is made from 303 British...

I'd like to get to that 500 reloadable case goal on this rifle... which means trying buy forming brass, & doing the machine work... since I didn't commission the 220 Swift cases, I don't know what he had into those...

anyone done / doing cases for the 7.62 X 45... thoughts or recommendations???

also is there a source of info out there that could tell me if any factory ammo is corrosive for sure... I think the latest date on the head stamps are ZV '79, which has to be some of the last made in this caliber ??? ( I'm running red boxes for suspected corrosive ammo in my milsurps collection ) I'm treating all original ammo as corrosive, but it would be nice to know for sure...

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; November 6, 2014 at 08:35 AM.