The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old August 23, 2009, 06:37 PM   #1
BoomStix

Trouble deciding on Rem 700V .308 stock

I have looked at over 100 stocks and read endless reviews on many of them so here is my delema. The B&C A5 medalist seems to be the popular choice among many 700 owners and I like the adjustable cheeck & butt with the verti but I have heard negative comments about the wide forend which I can understand the complaint. So I guess what I'm looking for is something similar to the A5 medalist only something with a slightly smaller forend. The Manners MCS-T2A seems to be the only thing I can find that comes close to what I'm looking for. Does anyone have any experience with these stocks or have any feedback?
Old August 23, 2009, 10:39 PM   #2
oregon-john

I have the HS Percision stock with the verticle grip and adjustable comb and pull, on a 338 RUM long range TAC. Bedding block is great, Quick adjust for others shooting your gun. I only shoot it off of a bi-pod. The only problem I have with it, is you have to drop the comb to remove the bolt to clean. John

Tags
.308 , b&c , manners , stock