The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 16, 2013, 02:55 PM   #1
doublebarrell

Springfield Model 511 replacement barrel needed

I have had this Springfield Model 511 double barrel shotgun in my family since my granddad. my dad had it and he gave it to me. i would like to pass it on to one of my sons one day. however, i need to replace the barrel and get it back in working condition. i have been looking all over and i can't find replacement parts (barrel) for it. i called Springfield/Savage Arms, Numrich, and some other locations...no luck. i am hoping that someone may have an old one they would like to part with. these guns are not very valuable. my granddad bought it at K-Mart about 50 years ago. if i can repair it, that would be great. if anyone knows where i might be able to find one...i would appreciate the contact. thanks!!!!
Old January 18, 2013, 12:49 PM   #2
PetahW

1) The barrels are unobtaimium, unless you buy an entire gun that's otherwise irrepairable.

2) NO non-original (to that gun) SxS shotgun barrels are a "drop-in" - at the very best would needs be properly fitted, and at the worst not fit at all.

I would recommend hanging it up in his memory, and looking for another like it for your sons.

Old January 22, 2013, 12:00 PM   #3
doublebarrell

thank you for your info. i do respect your update. however, i have broken down the barrel and i can put it back together. if someone has an old gun that they would be willing to part with...i would buy the barrel from them and pay for shipping. as long as it is a Springfield Model 511 sxs double barrel, i can fix it. so again i ask, if anyone knows of someone with this shotgun and they are willing to part with the barrel, i am interested in purchasing it from them. please let me know. thank you!!