The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old July 7, 2011, 11:42 PM   #1
FrontierGander

Packing new heat this year!

Forgot to post this here!

But 2 weeks ago i had my new CVA Optima .50cal come in. I already have one, but i drew an out of state " NM " muzzle loading tag and so i wanted the thumbhole stock version and so i ordered it, set it up with a Konus Pro 3-10x44 scope and shes ready to go. Trigger breaks crisp and clean at 2lbs.

I really have been impressed with the thumbhole stock as most rifles tend to lift their barrels up in the air when fired off the knee, but this one handles is really darn good and puts the recoil straight back into your shoulder.

She shoots 100 and 110gr Blackhorn209 equally well with the 250gr Aerolite Powerbelts @ 100 yards. I need to stretch out to 200 yards and give her some hell before September 24th rolls by.

But here she is in all her beauty LOL.

My go to load of 110gr Blackhorn209, CCI 209 Magnum primers, 250gr Powerbelt Aerolite, 3 shots @ 100 yards.

No trouble at all getting her to group right out of the box.
www.FrontierMuzzleloadin.powerguild.net