The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old June 9, 1999, 04:47 PM   #1
Engineer

Calling all M1 buffs. You probably get messages like this constantly, but I was hoping someone could help me out.

I have a Korean re-import, 4219xxx block, Springfield manufacture M1 Garand; and the more I look at this thing, the more questions I have. Now, guaranteed that this is not 100% US original but has an interesting collection of misfit parts, can anyone tell me what the following parts would be worth (approximately) in real money to a real collector???

Op-rod: D35382W.R.A (un-cut)

Hammer: C46008-1W.R.A. (!)

Safety: HRA

Trigger Housing: D28290-5-SA
Has a T stamped on the inside of the trigger guard (milled guard with hole at rear).

Bolt: D6528287 IHC (sub contract) U

Gas Cylinder on underside just behind stacking swivel has something that looks like a partial capitol X stamped into it.

I'm considering getting SA parts to replace some of the misfit ones which might indeed be valuable (especially hammer and op-rod). Since this gun was out of country, would "restoring" it to proper SA configuration be worth the time and expense? I read that original SA in 4,200,xxx block are about as rare as gnat's eye teeth.

Thanks in advance to all who can help.

[This message has been edited by Engineer (edited June 10, 1999).]
Old June 10, 1999, 04:37 AM   #2
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

ENGINEER
You may be able to find the parts pricing in the SGN or in the Gun Parts Catalog.

HJN
Old June 29, 1999, 02:10 AM   #3
Shrike9

Go here http://www.fulton-armory.com / and you will get more info on the M1 Garand than you ever wanted. This is one of the best if not THE best place to have your M1 worked on. I sent in one and was extremly happy with the work. Send the web master a e-mail with all the info you posted above and he will tell you all about your rifle.
Old June 29, 1999, 01:36 PM   #4
James K
Member In Memoriam

There is also a Garand forum at www.gunandknife.com . Pretty knowlegable folks. I am curious as to why rifles with serial numbers in that block are supposed to be rare.

Jim
Old July 1, 1999, 06:28 PM   #5
GLV

Go to the Civilian Marksmanship Program site. They have M-1 parts available for those who qualify. Also rifles. GLV