The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old June 3, 1999, 11:34 PM   #1
sjones

does anyone know where I could get a owners manual or disasembly instructions for the astra a-75? thanks ahead of time
Old June 6, 1999, 05:42 AM   #2
blades67

Have you tried contacting Astra directly? If that is unsuccessful, I would try a local dealer or two.

~Blades~
Old June 7, 1999, 01:28 PM   #3
Cheapo

Didn't Star buy out Astra a few months ago/last year?

Sorry I'm not more help. In the old days, I'd say contact the (former) importer, Interarms in Alexandra, VA.
Old June 9, 1999, 05:19 PM   #4
Joe the Redneck

If it is anything like the A-100 (and I'm not certain that it is) I can help with disassemply. First make sure the clip is removed and the chamber is empty. On the left hand side of the weapon (handle in right hand, muzzle to the left)there are two levers. The one closer to the trigger is the hammer droping saftey. The other is the slide lock. Draw the slide back and lock it in place by raising the locking lever upward. On the other side of the weapon is a latch that is attached to the frame right over the trigger. With the slide locked backed, use your thumb to push the latch downward. Holding the slide FIRMLY, pull it toward the rear to unlock and guide the slide off the frame. Don't force it, it should come off easily. Reverse to reassembble. If this makes no sense, then the A-75 is different. Hope this helps.
Old June 11, 1999, 12:33 PM   #5
like2shoot

The astra A-75 was imported by EAA. www.eaacorp.com phone 1 407 639 4842. They should be able to send you a manual. They handle the warranty for the A-75. I have one in 40 cal and it is a great gun. Jeff