The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old November 7, 2014, 10:50 AM   #1
WVsig

Looking for High Quality Pistol Training in KY

I know my handle is WVsig but these days I am in KY. I am looking for high quality pistol training for myself and my wife in KY. Looking for something that is multi-day similar to what Gunsite offers.

I am considering Gunsite in 2015 if they continue to do offsite training in the Nashville area like they did in 2014.

Looking to develop and reenforce proper technique and skills. I would prefer a multi-day course because I believe that intensive learning situations are beneficial but would consider a training center with single day training session but with a progressive learning curriculum which could be completed in less than 6 months.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Old November 9, 2014, 04:06 PM   #2
somerled

http://www.nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx

NRA training is good place to start, and then you'll meet others who will lead you to other training opportunities. There are a lot of people who have put up "instructor" shingles, and they range from high quality to over-hyped charlatans. It's been my experience that the very best are affiliated with National Rifle Association in some manner. People who you meet in NRA programs might also help you round up a local facility and support that could host Gunsite classes.

Some instructors have more of a military background, others have a police background, then there are those with both military and police backgrounds. Then there are instructors who emphasize defense of one's self and home. So any of our recommendations may be totally off-base for your particular needs.