The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old March 19, 2013, 10:20 AM   #1
BoogieMan

Any Hungarian gun fans?

I just got my first Steyr made in Budapest. Because of my heritage (1st gen born in US) I have a bit of a soft spot for Hungarian weaponry. I plan on also adding a Frommer Stop and just because they are IMO such a nice looking gun a FEG PA63. I passed on a FEG da high power.
The Frommer is my big hunt currently. Saw one at the gun show in NC this weekend but the seller was not a FFL and I have to have it shipped from a FFL to my FFL in Jersey.
Your tactics suck"
- Unknown
Old March 19, 2013, 01:41 PM   #2
tahunua001

aside from steyr 95 and M44 mosin nagants there might not be too many fans. there just aren't a lot of C&Rs of hungarian manufacture.

even though I have yet to buy one I am a fan of the M95 and will hopefully have one by years end.
Old March 19, 2013, 04:53 PM   #3
tater134

I've owned a few over the years. The only one I still have is an FEG Hi-Power clone. I did have a G98/40, Femaru 37.M, and PA-63 but I sold or traded them off. I would also like to find a nice Frommer Stop to add to my collection at some point.
Old March 19, 2013, 04:55 PM   #4
tater134

Btw in case you haven't seen it yet here is a decent webpage that has a ton of Hungarian weapons and information: http://www.hungariae.com/index.htm
Old March 19, 2013, 05:33 PM   #5
BoogieMan

Thanks for the link Tater. I have seen it, thats how I origanaly found out what guns the Hungarians had over the years. I would love a Kucher K1, sadly I will settle for a Frommer Stop
Your tactics suck"
- Unknown