The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old September 7, 2012, 12:11 PM   #26
Madcap_Magician

I had a recurring dream about being in a very large mall (bigger than the Mall of America) right after closing. There were only scattered people in it, but I remember that I was being followed by people at a distance. I don't remember being particularly afraid, and I was conscious of having a gun, but it ended up being this goofy chase where I didn't run because I didn't want the people following me to know I knew they were following me, and they didn't run because they didn't want me to know they were following me.

That's about the only gun-related dream I've had.
Old September 7, 2012, 12:25 PM   #27
Stressfire

Had a weird one a few nights ago - in the dream I was having a party which got crashed by 2 individuals intent on murder, rape, and general mayhem.

No idea why, but it's a dream, not a vision

Anyways, in the dream, went to the nightstand to get my Beretta, and it wasn't there, nor was any other gun where I usually leave it.

Turned around to find both men holding a gun in each hand and pointing them at me - that's when I woke up and immediately reached into the nightstand to make sure at least that one was still there

Yeesh, no more pickles before bed for me
Old September 13, 2012, 09:52 AM   #28
fun2shoot

Sometimes I have a dream based of a action game or movie so whatever I did right in the video game or saw right in the movie it seems always like some version of the firefight had a key part involving me in a close enviroment but not the same as in the movie or game but i usually win or lose based on the part of game or movie part I realize it to be when I wake up. And mabey just 2 times I had dreams where its was difficult to move around like walking through jello to get a shot off at the bad guy those dreams were disturbing but those dreams I seem to have difficulty remembering strangely.
Old September 13, 2012, 07:25 PM   #29
chucknbach

Everytime I've had to use a gun in my dreams it always seems like I have the wrong shells.
Old September 20, 2012, 08:32 AM   #30
Edward429451

Let's hear from someone who's guns do work in their dreams..

The last gun dream I had was that I had went back to Columbus where I'm from to visit. Everyone I knew was at work so I decided to cruise the old haunts. I went into an apt building I used to live at to look around and up on the 3rd floor I get approached by a young punk who says oh you made a mistake now and come at me. So I draw and put two in him just as pretty as you please. Everything worked and he fell down right away. A totally righteous shoot.

So the rest of the dream was me trying to distance myself from the scene and the police. I was running thru alleys and turning corners like mad with this overwhelming feeling that I have to get away so the police dont get me. I ran until I woke up.

It was a good shoot but I felt the need to run. Does this mean I don't have confidence in the Police? LOL
Old October 2, 2012, 04:01 PM   #31
rodeo roy

Dr. for someone having that dream you have a lot of firepower. I think it's a regular feeling to think about "what ifs" when it comes to using a gun, but everyday we do what we gotta do to survive and be safe. Sometimes it's nothing out of the ordinary, or you might have to change a flat tire at night on the highway, a very dangerous manuver, so you would dream about a car hitting you, or a bear your hunting mauling you. Pretty dark to me. I dream about winning the super lotto and such, but dreams about shooting somebody, good luck with that.
Old October 3, 2012, 12:35 AM   #32
Stevie-Ray

Quote:
Let's hear from someone who's guns do work in their dreams..
They work quite well for me lately. They just sound funny.

Good thing too, cuz I don't need anymore hearing loss, even in my dreams.
Old October 3, 2012, 08:39 AM   #33
Frank Ettin
Staff

I dreamed that this was over.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper
Closed Thread