The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 29, 2009, 05:01 PM   #1
Demaiter

Lot Numbers - Where to look to find them all?

I'm wondering where to look for lot numbers?

I have some Federal 100 packs of large rifle primers

I have a 1000 box of Remington 7 1/2 primers and inside there are about 3 or 4 boxes of 100 - they have a number stamped onto them and its only 3 digits - 464.

I have Nosler Ballistic Tip Bullets - I think the Lot number is on the label where they write the caliber/grain/quantity. The number on this label reads 51160 - would that be the lot number?

And I have a 100 box of Seirra Matchkings - Would the lot number be on the sticker same as the the Nosler bullets? The number reads 1380.

I also have 1lb of Varget, 1lb of H335, and 1lb of IMR 4350. Where should I look for those lot numbers?

Help and or conformation would be appreciated as I want to keep excellent records.

Thanks
Old June 29, 2009, 07:04 PM   #2
rn22723

Waste of time! Unless you Buy whole cases of powder or 8# kegs, primers in 1K or larger lots in sealed sleeves. Bullets are easy depending on brand. You will figure it out.