The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting > Bullet Casting

Old June 9, 2012, 12:52 PM   #1
TXGunNut

Too Wet To Mow......

and cool enough to cast a few! Running low on a few types of bullets and have a new Ranch Dog mould to break in. Pot was full of the wrong alloy so I cast a pile of 45 Colt bullets and am working on a pile of 45-70 RD bullets for my Guide Gun.
Think I'll cast a few hard RD 323-170 bullets to see if I can get that quirky 94 32 Spl some ammo it likes.
Hope ya'll are out casting a few too!
My favorite recipes start out with a handful of used wheelweights.
Old June 9, 2012, 03:12 PM   #2
PawPaw

I cast a big pile of .45ACP bullets last week, getting ready for annual qualifications. I'll go through most of those next weeks and put up the handgun for the next several months.

I've got to cast some .30-30 bullets and some .45-70. I'm already getting ready for deer season, which opens in a scant 4 months. There's food plots to plant, deer stands to maintain, loads to check, feeders to fix, all sorts of things need my attention.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com
Old June 9, 2012, 04:37 PM   #3
TXGunNut

I did several years worth of 45 acp last year, loaded them up and packaged them too.
Now I get to do the fun stuff. Cast for the "other" 45's today; 45 Colt and 45-70. Cast a pile (left front) for my .32 Spl, even a few for the 30-30 project that's still months away.
File size too big, guess I'll have to figure it out and try again later.
My favorite recipes start out with a handful of used wheelweights.

Last edited by TXGunNut; June 9, 2012 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Forgot pic!
Old June 11, 2012, 05:56 PM   #4
m&p45acp10+1

I wish I had some of that cooler weather here. I am melting down some WW I aquired a few weeks ago. I do a few pot fulls at a time due to it being so darned hot outside. I am inside cooling off as another pot is starting to melt. After a hand, and face washing I am now cooling off with a cold glass of lemonade.