The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old April 12, 2011, 12:46 AM   #1
Lenord Smalls

Best aftermarket trigger system and spring package for a Glock?

I have a new Glock 17 gen. 4 and a Glock 34 gen. 3 I would like to install improved trigger assemblies and springs in them. Some of the claims I have seen talk about improving the quality of the trigger. Things like reduced pull weight, smother crisper relies, take-up and over travel reduced, one even said the trigger was like a 1911.
So my question is if anyone has any advice on which system would be the best for the buck?
Thanks
Old April 12, 2011, 01:21 AM   #2
docnyt

What do you feel is inadequate in the stock trigger? You have to answer that question first after firing hundreds of rounds on the stock trigger.
Old April 12, 2011, 08:16 PM   #3
ozarkrecluse

I'm curious about why you think there's a problem with the trigger. I can think of many other semi-autos that have far worse triggers than stock Glocks.
Old April 12, 2011, 09:07 PM   #4
Lenord Smalls

Ok guys I’ve have a 17 that I did my own trigger job on about 12 years ago. All I did was to polish up all of the surfaces that rub together very carefully and install a 3.5 pound connector all stock Glock parts. It’s safe to say that I have run about 288,000+ rounds through it and I am happy with the system. I understand the pluses and minuses with the Glock trigger. And I am always amused with the ones that complain about the trigger pull or will compare it to a single action. I just got a 17 gen. 4 and I have to say I’m impressed with how bad it’s trigger is. As far as the new 34 gen 3 goes I will be using it for competition only. It will be replacing a custom 9mm 1911 that’s getting a little long in the tooth. A fellow competitor had me shoot his 34 with a wolf spring package and some other things replaced in the trigger group. I was shocked at the improvement over my trigger job or for that matter any other Glock I have shot.

Last edited by Lenord Smalls; April 14, 2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old April 14, 2011, 09:55 PM   #5
ClydeFrog

Custom Glock work; Glockstore.com...

I've heard different views about doing after market or custom upgrades on Glock pistols. Many say it's not really needed but if you desire improved use, check out these sources: www.Glockstore.com www.Glockbooks.com www.Customizeyourglock.com .

Lenny Magill's Glock Store offers a few trigger & spring units. Morgan Boatman's Glock websites offer insight on repairs & custom work.

Clyde
Old April 15, 2011, 04:14 AM   #6
Powderman

You do not need a different trigger. You will need to try out the following components to determine which one combination suits you best.

a. Connector
b. Trigger return spring
c. Striker spring

All of these have a bearing on the pull weight.

Of these three, I will say that you really do NOT want to change out the striker spring. After all, you do not want to compromise reliability of the pistol.
Old April 15, 2011, 10:11 PM   #7
Lenord Smalls

Thanks for all the information.
Old April 15, 2011, 10:26 PM   #8
BlayGlock

Vanek Custom

http://www.vanekcustom.com/

Had a few of his kits in competition Glocks. Now, I've gone back to just polishing the surfaces and shooting it a bunch.