The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 18, 2006, 06:36 PM   #1
brotherwolf

RCBS Chargemaster

Any one have a RCBS Chargemaster or comparable dispensers. I am considering the purchase of one and was looking for first hand feedback. Thanks!
Old January 18, 2006, 07:23 PM   #2
RERICK

I bought one from natchez about 6 months ago.It makes quick work of charging cases and the thing is accurate as all heck.No problems to date.I would not hesatate to reccomend it.the only thing I think would be faster would be some sort of powder measure but for accuracy I just don't trust them.For what I do it provides me with the best combo of speed and accuracy. I have double checked it with my 10 10 scale and it was always on the money.Calibration takes less than a minute and you don't have to let it warm up like I have heard is required with some other brands.I use all types of powders and it doesn't seem to make any differance what I use I still get good results
Old January 18, 2006, 11:27 PM   #3
tvick66

Just got my Chargemaster today. Rerick is correct, every other digital scale I researched required a 20-30 minute warm-up period while this one is ready to calibrate as soon as you turn it on. I will have to wait until tomorrow to open it up, had to babysit the boys and now it is way too late to learn new tricks.
Old January 19, 2006, 07:43 AM   #4
brotherwolf

Is the digital scale required with the chargemaster. I have a digital scale of another make, already.
Old January 19, 2006, 11:20 AM   #5
klw

I've had two. RCBS replaced the first one because reading were erratic. If you had it weight out a powder charge, took the pay off the scale and then set it back the weight shown would occasionally change dramatically. The second weights were sometimes quite high and sometimes quite low.

I haven't used the second unit enough to know if this problem will continue. But, well, I'm certainly worried about it.

I also worry about the ability to store so many charges in it. The concern here is operator error but still. If you request the wrong charge and don't notice or even if you request the right charge but have the wrong powder in the machine you are in for a world of hurt. Operator error certainly but...

I have very mixed feeling about this machine.
Old January 19, 2006, 11:35 AM   #6
rangermonroe

The digital scale is attached to the chargemaster, I do not believe that another make of scale would interface with the RCBS unit
Old January 19, 2006, 12:02 PM   #7
918v

Get the chargemaster!!!

It makes all powder measures obsolete. it throws charges faster than you can seat bullets, so it will definitely keep up with you.

Excellent product!
Old January 19, 2006, 04:31 PM   #8
RERICK

Quote:
I also worry about the ability to store so many charges in it. The concern here is operator error but still. If you request the wrong charge and don't notice or even if you request the right charge but have the wrong powder in the machine you are in for a world of hurt. Operator error certainly but...
I also was a little concerned about storing charges.Frankly I just don,t use this feature.When I start out to charge cases and set bullets I just enter the charge I want to use so as not to confuse things as I would rather be safe than sorry
Old January 19, 2006, 04:32 PM   #9
RERICK

Quote:
I also was a little concerned about storing charges.Frankly I just don,t use this feature.When I start out to charge cases and set bullets I just enter the charge I want to use so as not to confuse things as I would rather be safe than sorry.
Old January 19, 2006, 04:34 PM   #10
RERICK

Quote:
I also was a little concerned about storing charges.Frankly I just don,t use this feature.When I start out to charge cases and seat bullets I just enter the charge I want to use so as not to confuse things as I would rather be safe than sorry.
Old January 19, 2006, 04:35 PM   #11
RERICK

Quote:
I also was a little concerned about storing charges.Frankly I just don't use this feature.When I start out to charge cases and seat bullets I just enter the charge I want to use so as not to confuse things as I would rather be safe than sorry.