The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 9, 2012, 11:43 AM   #1
Jakeyjim

Looking for a Baikal stage coach

A few years back I purchased a model 220 Baikal sxs 12 guage for my father and immediately wanted to keep it for myself. It turned out to be one of his favorite guns in his collection. I WANT ONE! Can't find anymore. Was called Spartan imported by Remington and since has stopped. Pd $330 for that gun, had invector chokes, ejectors, single trigger, no hammers, 20'' barrel, awesome setup. Can anyone help me find one? Thanks!
Old January 9, 2012, 12:04 PM   #2
k511

USSG Inc. has the MP 210 and MP 220....may want to check out those
Old January 9, 2012, 04:20 PM   #3
Jakeyjim

good lead, thanks k511

did some research on their site and spoke to a salesperson. they no longer import a 20'' with a single trigger. looks like i will have to search for a used one or accept the double trigger. thanks again.
Old January 9, 2012, 04:38 PM   #4
Laz

Jakeyjim - have your dealer check out European American Armory www.eaacorp.com - they were the original importer of the Baikals, continued doing warranty work for Remington when Remington imported them as Spartans and are now importing them again. I only recentlylearned this and do not know how available they are yet.

I’m just a nobody, trying to tell everybody, about Somebody, who can save anybody.

Last edited by Laz; January 10, 2012 at 10:01 AM. Reason: To correct addressee's name
Old January 10, 2012, 09:37 PM   #5
Jakeyjim

Thanks guys

I looked at their website and couldn't find the same coach gun with the single trigger option I purchased previously. I did however stumble across a sxs 45-70 that looks like a brute and a half, and which would make for an endless conversational topic at deer camp. I really wanted to stick with the Baikal but I think I will pick up a Stoeger instead. Price is right and has all the options I'm looking for. Thanks again guys, I really appreciate the assistance.